PDA

View Full Version : Must have on displays??

LisaMarie
16-01-2009, 06:22 PM
what things must we have on display?? im looking into getting a cork board to have all my things i need on display so i can take it down after i finished working so i have my home back for the evening.

so far i have thought of:
reg cert
pub liab insur cert

and thats it :blush:

DudleyChildmind
16-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I have alsorts on mine including, insurance, first aid certificate, children centre info, toddler group info, ICE, childline, safeguarding children, Ofsted poster, COSHH, sure start etc. :)

Helpinghands
16-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I have my 2 menus on display for parents to see. These are rotated. I also have my Ofsted "parents" poster, Copies of complaints/suggestions forms and Fire Procedure.

LisaMarie
16-01-2009, 06:30 PM
whats ICE??

LOOPYLISA
16-01-2009, 06:34 PM
whats ICE??

Think its " in case of emergency"

DudleyChildmind
16-01-2009, 06:36 PM
whats ICE??

Add "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation, ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's as simple as that, and for more than one contact name you can use ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.

If you contact your local council they should send you a poster and some handy little cards to give out to parents :thumbsup:

gemhei
16-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I have news letters, menu, Talking tips leaflets (Ofsted like these at my inspection) Safeguarding children, Birthday list, welcome poster in different languages, probs plenty more i pinned on there but i cant see it so i dont remember!! lol

Ripeberry
16-01-2009, 07:36 PM
How big is your cork board? I've got an average one and can only fit my ICP cert, parent poster, Ist aid cert, safeguarding children leaflet and complaints leaflet. Don't think i've got a wall big enough for everything!

DudleyChildmind
16-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I have news letters, menu, Talking tips leaflets (Ofsted like these at my inspection) Safeguarding children, Birthday list, welcome poster in different languages, probs plenty more i pinned on there but i cant see it so i dont remember!! lol

What is Talking Tips? It sounds very interesting :)

FizzysFriends
16-01-2009, 07:47 PM
What is actually compulsary?

donnadoo2004200
16-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Make sure you have the OFSTED parent poster they look for it when they come.

DudleyChildmind
16-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Make sure you have the OFSTED parent poster they look for it when they come.

I've got 3 so they don't miss it :laughing:

childmind04
16-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I have a copy of the school calender and also nursery planning to remind parents :)

Chimps Childminding
16-01-2009, 08:48 PM
What is actually compulsary?

I would like to know that as well!!!! I am trying to thin my notice board out as I am sure there is so much on there that parent's don't bother looking when I put something important up (although I usually send a copy of whatever it is home as well) but I am worried I will forget to put something compulsory back up and Mrs Ofsted will shoot me down in flames :panic: :D

FizzysFriends
16-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I just have my reg cert and ofsted parent poster, my other certs are in a folder. I think there are other things I need to have out though.

loobyloo168
16-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I think its compulsory to have your registartion cert and insurance displayed. I think everything else is just extra x

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Registration Certificate, PL insurance and employees if you have it and the Ofsted Poster. These are all compulsory.

vix84
18-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi, I am returning to Childminding in a few weeks and trying to make sure everything is done!

Does anyone have a link for anything to do with COSHH and ICE - I have covered it in a course a while ago but need updating as I still have baby brain!:panic:

What does the latest complaints poster look like? I have the one with children acting as firemen (firepeople ... or whatever it is we have to say nowadays lol!)

Also if you show parents round, and your reg. certificate is on display - do you cover up your reg. number? I also get people emailing me about Childminding and wanting to see my report - but I say I cant email it as it has my reg. number on and it can be used to claim etc. So I can always post them a copy but edit out my number etc.
Do you all go to those extremes too?

PixiePetal
18-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes! I have my certificate in a plastic file folder on the wall with a sticker on the plastic covering the number. :thumbsup: