PDA

View Full Version : just need to comfrim this - regarding numbers

don the duck
16-01-2009, 01:42 PM
This is whats stated on my my reg certificate

may care for no more than 5 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

so i know can not have more than 5 children but get confused when it says the 2 early years and of theses not more than 1 may be under 1.

so does that be can only have 2 under 5's or 3 with my under 1.

michellethegooner
16-01-2009, 01:45 PM
it means you can have 2 under 5s in total but only 1 of your 2 can be under 1yrs old , so if u have a 18th mth old and a 9mth old u are in ur numbers, hope thats clear lol

donnadoo2004200
16-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I think it means if you have an under 1yrs you can only have 1 more between 1-5yrs. It seems a bit low only 2

don the duck
16-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I think it means if you have an under 1yrs you can only have 1 more between 1-5yrs. It seems a bit low only 2

thats what i was thinking to. as was told can have 5 with my son not in the numbers. i have a under 1 at present and my son. (whos not in the numbers) my baby will be 1 in a few month so can only have 1 more.

gemhei
16-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I can have 2 under 5 and no more than 1 under 1, however what it says on my certificate doesnt include my own child so i can have DD aswell as shes 19mths so that makes it three. It confused me too i called them to ask ten asked again at my inspection so i knew i wasnt over numbers lol.

So you can have 2 children under 5 like me but no more than 1 under 1, then your own child on top if you have one.

PixiePetal
16-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Do you have your own child in the EY age bracket. That would account for the only 2 more, making 3 in total. Your own children count in overall numbers but not included on your certificate.

Hope that makes sense :)

don the duck
16-01-2009, 02:04 PM
I can have 2 under 5 and no more than 1 under 1, however what it says on my certificate doesnt include my own child so i can have DD aswell as shes 19mths so that makes it three. It confused me too i called them to ask ten asked again at my inspection so i knew i wasnt over numbers lol.

So you can have 2 children under 5 like me but no more than 1 under 1, then your own child on top if you have one.

just spoken to them and thats correct what u say . My son in 3 yrs old so including my son i can have 6 children to mind

gemhei
16-01-2009, 07:31 PM
just spoken to them and thats correct what u say . My son in 3 yrs old so including my son i can have 6 children to mind

Ye cos they told me i could have three then it said 2 on my certificate and i panicked because id already said yes to a parent and i wouldnt have room :panic: but ofsted said oh its ok DD isnt counted on certificate so youll be fine :thumbsup: