PDA

View Full Version : Decision Made

mrs lilly
16-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi all

I have been CM now 18 months and finally my DD is now at full time school, I have come to conclusion, no more under 5's for me!! I have 2 girls both before and after school and through the holidays so its not a bad income at all from them as long as I can put a lot of it through expenses ;) and I cant wait to have my day times to myself either but my biggest smile is the fact that no more EYFS !!!! Yippee!!! And from what i can gather OFSTED don't really some to you now unless you have under 5's?? Sure I read that on here?? Is it true does anyone know??

Now just got to break it to the parents of the ones that will be leaving me - how when 2 of then have only been with me a matter of weeks I don't know - any suggestions would be welcome !

Anne-Marie x

Jules27
16-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Well done on making your decision. I am sure it will be the right thing for you. Can't help with breaking the news to the parents i'm afraid but am sure someone else will be along soon with some tips!! :)

berkschick
16-01-2009, 11:45 AM
You have to do EYFS on minded children until the September after they turn 5.

Enjoy your days to yourself!

mrs lilly
16-01-2009, 11:52 AM
You have to do EYFS on minded children until the September after they turn 5.

Enjoy your days to yourself!

According to my EYFS training days we don't once they are in school. And of the 2 I care for 1 is year 1 anyway so that leaves 1 child, and I am fairly sure if I take myself off the voluntary part of the register I wont get inspected anyway :clapping: and even if I do I really don't care as its not top of the list of questions my school age mindee parents ask kids of that age soon say if they don't like to somewhere don't they!! Mine cry as they don't want to go home when mum comes as they are having too much fun :laughing:

mandy moo
16-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Reading this with intrest. I have a child who is 4yrs & 10mths who started reception class this month.
My registration allows me 3 under 5s, My ofsted inspetor told me that she is no longer counted as an under 5 as she is at school full time now which will allow me to take on 2 more u5s if I wish (I already have 1). have been approached by a parent for siblings both under 4yrs.
So if shes not counted as an under five, do i still need to EYFS her?

mrs lilly
16-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Reading this with intrest. I have a child who is 4yrs & 10mths who started reception class this month.
My registration allows me 3 under 5s, My ofsted inspetor told me that she is no longer counted as an under 5 as she is at school full time now which will allow me to take on 2 more u5s if I wish (I already have 1). have been approached by a parent for siblings both under 4yrs.
So if shes not counted as an under five, do i still need to EYFS her?

no you don't, I also have a 1 in reception at school full time and I don't EYFS her and don't need to according tot he EYFS training I attended and i have since checked this with OFSTED too.

childmind04
16-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Reception children still need eyfs, it until year 1 :(

Noodles
16-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Surley you will still be on the compulsory register if not the early years as the children are under 8

kindredspirits
16-01-2009, 10:00 PM
you do need to do EYFS on reception aged children i'm afraid!!!

Noodles
16-01-2009, 10:02 PM
you do need to do EYFS on reception aged children i'm afraid!!!

Yeh thats what i thought up till the september following their 5th birthday

berkschick
16-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Like I said before, you DO need to do EYFS on children until the September following their 5th Birthday.

You will also need to remain on the register if you are minding children under the age of 8 and will still have inspections!

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2009, 10:05 PM
You will be inspected by Ofsted as normal as they are interested in children under 8.

Children, whether at school or not, are under EYFS until 31st August after they turn 5. This means the end of Reception at school

Sorry for the bad news and good luck with our future endeavours