PDA

View Full Version : sat hourly rate

Lisa's Little Angels
28-01-2008, 10:29 AM
hi girls/boys im renewing my sat contract and upon advice of other childminders am putting my fee up from £5 p/h to £7 p/h as other childminders i have asked in my area said if they worked a sat they would take minimum double time. didnt know this when i started so i said £5 p/h and now contract up for renewal im a bit nervous this morning as putting fee up £2 an hour am i being reasonable? afterall I am giving up every 2nd sat to work help mindees mum coming at 11.30 any advice much appreciated still £3.50 wekdays tho
tkanks lisa

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 10:31 AM
It is totally up to you, its your business but I personally think it is a huge jump xxx

berkschick
28-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Its up to you, but £2 per hour is a big increase. Do you think Mum would be able to afford the increase?

I charge £3.50 per hour Monday to Friday and £5 per hour before 8am, after 6pm and at weekends, not that I have been asked to work weekends yet!

I think if you are sure Mum can afford it and will be ok then go for it. Otherwise maybe you could increase it gradually. £1 now and £1 in 6 months or something.

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Its up to you, but £2 per hour is a big increase. Do you think Mum would be able to afford the increase?

I charge £3.50 per hour Monday to Friday and £5 per hour before 8am, after 6pm and at weekends, not that I have been asked to work weekends yet!

I think if you are sure Mum can afford it and will be ok then go for it. Otherwise maybe you could increase it gradually. £1 now and £1 in 6 months or something.

I charge exactly the same as Debbie and agree with her about the £1 increase if it helps at all xxx

sarah707
28-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Saturday? :panic:

Sorry, not helpful! :laughing:

Lisa's Little Angels
28-01-2008, 10:37 AM
i did think that too but as no 1 else in my area offers a saturday i thot best to go on their what if's - now i'm coming round to the way of thinking that alot of ppl who work sat get double time - so why not me, really confused now. in the grand scheme of things it means £16 a fortnight more than what she currently pays me so looking at it that way doesnot seem as bad as £5 up to £7 per hour does it :-/

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I have not worked a Saturday since last year

I do think a £2 increase is a lot
Unless you are thinking of charging new parents this maybe ?

I am not sure it is up to you I guess

I would though if it was me charge £5 an hour on a Saturday

Angel xx

berkschick
28-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Not everyone gets double time on a Saturday, do you know that Mum does?

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I used to have to work every other saturday in a previous job and only got normal hourly rate x

angeldelight
28-01-2008, 10:54 AM
A lot of jobs only pay normal rate now at weekends due to the high demand

xx

Lisa's Little Angels
28-01-2008, 11:02 AM
thanx for all advice i have decided on half way btwn my current £5 and what i wanted 7 so going for £6 per hour :-) have taken on board that not every1 gets double time - i would b lost without this forum i really would as childminders in my area are great and approachable but as they dont work sat their would be fee wouldnt really reflect reality - wish me luk hope the £ goes down well will let u all know at 12 when she leaves so so nervous as this is the 1st renewal of contract ive dun

berkschick
28-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Most shops etc just bring in differant staff at the weekends and only pay them normal rate.

My DH only gets time and a half if he works at the weekend and thats after doing a 45 hour week.

You are more likely to get double time if you work on a bank holiday as its not anyones contracted day so they have to offer the enhanced rate.

I charge double on bank hols.

Pipsqueak
28-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I think you have to be careful you don't price yourself out of the market and cause parents to think they are being held over a barrel.

I review my fees 6monthly and generally put them up annually so long as everything is paying for itself.

Blimey - a Saturday....:panic: :panic: Saying that I had 10yr mindee over for Saturday night as part of my sons birthday sleepover

Lisa's Little Angels
28-01-2008, 12:27 PM
hi just to let you know my mindees mum couldn't have been nicer I explained that childminders in the area would charge double time if they worked a sat but that i thot that was too much of a price jump so i said £6 an hour but she actually said to me she was only too willing to pay the £7 as she really appreciated that I did the saturday for her as she wouldn't b able to work otherwise :-) who would have predicted that outcome??? i'm still in shock I guess I'm really lucky to have her as 1 of my mindees mums. Thanks again girls x

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 12:29 PM
hi just to let you know my mindees mum couldn't have been nicer I explained that childminders in the area would charge double time if they worked a sat but that i thot that was too much of a price jump so i said £6 an hour but she actually said to me she was only too willing to pay the £7 as she really appreciated that I did the saturday for her as she wouldn't b able to work otherwise :-) who would have predicted that outcome??? i'm still in shock I guess I'm really lucky to have her as 1 of my mindees mums. Thanks again girls x

so shes paying you £7 per hour then !!!! brilliant xxx

Lisa's Little Angels
28-01-2008, 12:31 PM
ye susan can u believe it n i had got myself into a right state worrying about it gave her 4wks notice of price increase to allow he to sort out with tax credits :-)

ps how do i become a full member of the forum? is there like an annual fee?

berkschick
28-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Im pleased it all worked out ok for you!

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 12:37 PM
ye susan can u believe it n i had got myself into a right state worrying about it gave her 4wks notice of price increase to allow he to sort out with tax credits :-)

ps how do i become a full member of the forum? is there like an annual fee?

Brilliant :clapping:

you have to pay me £1,000,000 LOL :laughing:

theres a link about it somewhere, you have to be a member for minimum of 60 days and minimum of 100 posts and be approved by Pauline :)

Pipsqueak
28-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh nice one I'm glad its worked out for you and how great that the mum has acknowledged her appreciation of you.:clapping:

Banana
28-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Glad it worked out for you Lisa

x

manjay
28-01-2008, 01:52 PM

You have to pay all full members £1,000,000!!!Lol

Really glad you got your charging sorted and what a lovely parent to offer the higher amount!

amanda xx

Lisa's Little Angels
28-01-2008, 08:40 PM

theres a link about it somewhere, you have to be a member for minimum of 60 days and minimum of 100 posts and be approved by Pauline :)

ha ha susan & Manjay u 2 r a cuple of comedians
thanx :-)

katickles
28-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow - Lisa thats great!! :clapping: :clapping:

Wish I could have some of those!:laughing: