PDA

View Full Version : panicking on remembering the EYFS pack !

mozarella
15-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I have just send my application form and I am know trying to study the EYFS pack ! But there is so much to remember that I wont probably remember everything for my ofsted pre registration inspection.

How much do they actually expect you to know at this stage?

HomefromHome
15-01-2009, 12:43 PM
omg please dont memorise it!! you'll put us too shame!! lol
i put some of the cards up on cupboard doors near my computer as i ended up with two eyfs packs (one was outdated so they brought the may08 one out)- i put up the principles into practice card up (you may want to scan and print one side so both sides are showing), child development one up (again scan and print the other side) and the areas of learning and developement one up - as long they're on show will show ofsted you have it in mind (sort of!) you'll eventually absorb it that way too - if you pressure yourself to know it all you wont learn and end up very stressed!
hope this helps!:)

Annie_T
15-01-2009, 01:50 PM
dont have to remember it for your pre reg inspection hun dont worry, like homefromhome said put the cards up soemwhere they cn be seen

the pre reg is to help you not grade/judge you x

Bex1
15-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh gosh, dont panic and sit up reading through it every night because you wont be tested on it and wont be expected to recite it word for word at your inspection!

As long as your aware of the 6 areas of learning and you have a general idea and knowledge and awareness of EYFS then that is fine.

mozarella
15-01-2009, 02:26 PM
oh thanks ! I am aware of the basics so i should be ok then !