PDA

View Full Version : do i say anything

jaytravis
15-01-2009, 12:12 PM
i look after a baby who is nearly 10months he is still on food for 4months jars they tried him once with lumpy food but he gagged so they havent done it since , he is very crossed eyed not all the time but quite alot .but his dad has never mentioned it to me yhe cant sit up for long cant pull him self up crawls alittle and i looked on a developement site and he doesnt do half the thing s he should be
do i mention anything to his dad its himj who brings and picks up
thanks x

childmind04
15-01-2009, 12:27 PM
could you ask parents to do a review visit? i had one family that had been ignoring some problems thier lo had, i found it easier going to their house as they seemed a bit more relaxed and shared suff a bit more openly, you do really need to get some feedback from parents somehow, finding which way to start it is the hardest but once you start it gets easier, you need to just put your eyfs professional head on :)

As for the food at 10 months could you not start giving him finger foods to get him used to lumps and chewing? or have the parents asked you not too?

Good luck im sure you will sort it

nell57
15-01-2009, 12:39 PM
I would say yes its worth mentioning something, then you can both monitor how he is developing.

Its worth remembering that development tables are only guides and not all children hit those targets at the same ages. But keeping records of concerns should help. I have had LOs not crawling and still on puree food at this age and maybe older.

Good luck and let us know how it goes