PDA

View Full Version : Transformation fund?

Tiisku
28-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi,
Does anyone have infor about the transformation fund, such as what is the criteria to be granted one? I would really like a foundation degree but don't know if I would get that funded and if I had time for it anyway.. :huh: Another option is NVQ4 ccld. I have NVQ3 but would like to go a bit further.

Thanks guys !

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I'd phone your local CIS they will be able to tell you about it I do no that it is only available where I am when you are already a registered minder, I receive it for my DHC xxx

sarah707
28-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I think it depends where you live and how much money they have left but it's there to fund childminders who are wanting to better their qualifications so there's no reason why you shouldn't apply!

Good luck :D

susi513
02-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I've just started doing the E123 course which I got funded this way. But I've received a letter to explain the transformation fund is ending, so I recommend you don't delay in asking! Its been suggested this fund is likely to be replaced with something else, but seen no info on that as yet.

I just had to fill in a form with my details and why I was asking for funding - I just put for "continuing professional development" and it was accepted no problem. Also they gave me a form which I have to get signed by my tutor to say if I attended any tutorials and/or submitted assignments.

brillminder
06-02-2008, 01:46 PM
i claimed when completeing e123 & e124 but heard stopping april but another funding starting not sure what called the early yeaRS DEPT ROUND HERE SORTS IT OUT :)

Julia
06-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi

Im doing a foundation degree and my local CIS paid part funding towards fees but nothing else you will need to sorce other funding for books and things.

Julia
:happy banana:

Tatia
20-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I've been granted 80% funding for the duration of the Foundation Degree through Surestart (actually from CDWF Transformation Fund but I accessed it through Surestart training development officer). This means that my money has already been allocated for the rest of the courses so it is safe as long as I perform well.

I'm studying through the Open U and have found it much easier as a childminder because I didn't have any free time to attend class.