PDA

View Full Version : What is a home box & The self registration chart?

Carol
14-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Confused what are they, please?

Carol

childmind04
15-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Not sure about the home box but sparklebox have some registration charts :)

sarah707
15-01-2009, 07:46 AM
A home box in a nursery is literally a box in which all the children's drawings, notes, toys they take etc go to be taken home.

A self registration chart is usually the child's name or photos they can put on a chart to show when they've arrived.

Where have you seen them?

Hth :D

Carol
15-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks it was in Little Stars Thread OUTSTANDING I'm so Chuffed 27/11/08 Quote:
OMG....

I had my inspection this morning....I was so scared!!!

I got outstanding in all areas

I have to say the BIGGEST thankyou to all you wonderful wonderful people..without you all I would never ever in a million years got an outstanding. Half of the ideas in our setting have come from this forum and without the support, advice and reassurance from here I may have given up ages ago!! SO THANKYOU

My inspector was VERY hot on child protection and asked me lots of questions. She also said that a new thing they are checking is that you have in writing who has legal responsibility for the child. Medication forms she quizzed me about thoroughly..she said that a blanket permission for calpol was no longer acceptable and that you had to have it signed BEFORE any calpol was given (so basically not allowed to give them calpol unless you know that morning that they may need a dose and can get it pre signed).

***She was really impressed with our home boxes. The self registration chart.**

The setting scrapbook, our newsletter, how well I was co-ordinating with other settings, my fire drill log, my temp charts, the tuff tray...ALL these ideas came from here.

Good luck to everyone else who has there inspection looming.

SO glad it is over
Jen x

brum-minder
15-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Well done!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
15-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Well done you:clapping: :clapping:

Thats what so great about this forum, the willingness to share information to all help us along the way. you may have got the information from here but you have gone ahead and implemented it and adapted it all to suit your setting and children:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
15-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I have used a laminated photo with childs name on and we stick it io a card titled 'Whos here today.' Its opposite the front door and even the smallest enjoy this.

We also have a 'What we are doing today' board with simple things like, Meeting friends at toddlers.
Going to the park
going to feed the ducks
Going to school etc.

This gives the parents simple idea of what we might be doing during the day and the older children enjoy reading it.

Carol
17-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for that will have a go at doing a photo chart great idea xx

Carol

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Well done:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Liz

marion123
20-01-2009, 01:33 PM
well done :clapping:

Polly2