PDA

View Full Version : Parent packs/our portfolios

jayne191284
14-01-2009, 10:24 PM
What sort of things go in which.

OFSTED rang today to say they have our application, refrences are fine as is health check so just wait for the inspector to ring(:eek: :eek: :eek: )

So its all hands on deck now trying to get stuff sorted!

x

littlestar
14-01-2009, 11:54 PM
gosh its been a while since i did mine but abit about you and you family and all the policys and procedures you want to put in your parent pack make sure you put a index listing all the policys and procedure at the front of your folders because when i had my inspection she didnt read them she just looked at my index and that was a help make sure you put your fees and pommission forms in parent packs and a sign to say they have read and understand and have recieved copys of all which you keep a copy off also do a parent responssiblitty form who has full responsibillity off child to keep in personal file my friend got asked about this in her inspection and i did one just in time good luck :)

DudleyChildmind
15-01-2009, 05:49 AM
I don't have an index listing but it's a good idea, thank you :thumbsup:

HomefromHome
15-01-2009, 07:14 AM
ooh thanku - never thought of an index - brilliant! :laughing:

Bex1
15-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Hello Jayne

I put all my policies and procedures under the 5 outcomes of every child matters and all these are in a level arch so parents cna take it away and look at them.

My parent pack has:

A bit about the benefits of a childminder
bit about me, my home and my family
why I became a childminder and my qualifications
bit about routines and outings
menu
fees and hours
bit about policies
bit about admin and record keeping
101 ways to praise a child

kez
15-01-2009, 04:48 PM
mine has a bit about me, contact details, my family, my home, bit about childminders, daily routine, list of activities for different age groups, complaints procedure, admissions procedure, safeguarding children policy, fees and holidays, sickness information and exclusion periods,managing childrens behaviour section,administering medicine policy, fire evacuation plan and permission forms.