PDA

View Full Version : my first meeting with parents

Bex1
14-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I had a mum visit today to talk about me minding her son...it was my very first meeting since becoming registed and I was very nervous but think I did ok.

I gave her my parent pack to take home to read, showed her around the house and garden, talked about activities and toys, she seemed interested. DD was clingy and demanding my attention throughout!

fingers crossed she wants me.

jibberjitz
14-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Fingers crossed for you:thumbsup:

Liz

Pipsqueak
14-01-2009, 09:18 PM
hope it works out for you, I am sure you done fine.

Its always tough when you "interview" parents - I don't think it gets any easier, you just become more confident in your spiel.:)

Do let us know the outcome

Ripeberry
14-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Bex, got my fingers and toes crossed for you! Hope you hear back from her very soon :)
Can i just ask what you put in your parent pack? Is it a really MASSIVE pile of paper or is there a better way of doing it? I've only done 13 policies so far and some permission forms and it's already 1cm thick!:eek:

LeanneC
15-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Well done hun :thumbsup: I'm sure oyu have done really well. Keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Andrea08
15-01-2009, 10:18 AM
my fingers are crossed too good luck hun xxxxx

Bex1
15-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Ripeberry

In my parent pack is:-

The Benefits of a Childminder
Me and my Family
My home
Why I became a childminder and my qualifications
Routine/Outings
Menu
Fees and hours
Holidays (my holidays for 09 and all bank holidays)
A small paragraph about my policies and procedures (just explaining why I have them)
Administration and Record Keeping
101 ways to praise a child

I have not put all my policies in there, I will let parents view my polices when they sign the contract. They can take the folder home with them then.

Thanks everyone for your replies and keeps those arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, toes crossed for me :thumbsup: