PDA

View Full Version : HELP

lau83
14-01-2009, 08:20 PM
i realy need some advice i worked for a family for over a year the family was always hard work but then i had enough children being rude her telling me who i could and couldent see everyday she phoned up and had something to say about what i had done wrong she then gave me notice and i was working my 4 weeks notice after the 3wks she said i couldent b trusted with her children and gave a big list of lies which i dident respond to as when sent i was on hoilday and as i dident want the arguning as she always wanted an argument she then paid me for the last week which she should of anyway as that was the last week and she canciled on me and i was still avaliable to work i then got an email saying that she over paid and wanted the money back i then emailed her back explaining that it was within the 4 weeks notice so she still had to pay then said she she will take the matter further if i dient pay the money back as its theif as we were on the old contract which wasent termenated she just told me she was changing her working hours and i just went with her word and never changed the contract so dont no if i get a leg to stand on dont realy know what to do
hope someone can help hope it makes sense

chantelbutterwo
14-01-2009, 10:00 PM
From what I have read I would say that it is best to take your contract and policies etc to someone at Citizens Advice and get some help from them or ring the NCMA if you are a member.

Although, and don't take this as gospel but, a verbal contract is just that...a contract!!!

Hope it goes well for you

littlestar
14-01-2009, 11:23 PM
i would call her bluff and just say she was trying her luck stick with it and see what happens i dont think anything will come off it good luck hun but i think you will be fine :)

childmind04
15-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I would also call her bluff, you will have all your accounts to back you up with what she has been paying you!

Good luck