PDA

View Full Version : Im not a happy bunny

Ebs71
14-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Im gutted but also p****d off that a lady came to see me last Thursday for me to have her lo who already goes nursery. Of course she wanted to sort out notice with them and obviously get the 2 weeks upfront for me. She was really keen, kept asking me if i wanted to have her lo, took paperwork home and said she would speak to me soon. well as that was 6 days ago and ive had no word i decided to contact her today, and you guessed it she wont answer, im not going to try again as obviously she has changed her mind which is fine but i wish she would of said so, even by text would be fine. Ive had people not turn up with ant notice, but she was my first who had actually been to see me and my setting so i was really optimistic. Sorry for rambling on, i know im not the first and i doubt i will be the last but im so de-flated :(

venus89
14-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Bad luck.... But seriously you don't want to be working with someone who doesn't even have any reard for you in that way. Someone better will come along soon x

miffy
14-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear that and I agree it can be really annoying. Try not to let it get you down.

Fingers crossed you get some more reliable enquiries soon

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
14-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry to be blunt but Get Used to It

Parents are a weird lot and this is common practice

After a few instances of "ignorance" you toughen up and learn to live with it

Cynical aren't I!

rickysmiths
14-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Sorry to be blunt but Get Used to It

Parents are a weird lot and this is common practice

After a few instances of "ignorance" you toughen up and learn to live with it

Cynical aren't I!

After 14yrs I agree but there are good parents out there so dont worry. Someone told me you have contact with 10 before you find 1. Thats on av. not far off. But I'm afraid there are too many inconsiderate, rude people out there and we have to live with it.

CCJD
14-01-2009, 01:38 PM
It's one thing that they dont want to use you - it's the not telling you that is the problem for me.

I had someone at the beginning of the year come for a visit and was all really keen keen keen. Then I heard nothing for 3 weeks, she then phones up after three weeks saying that she will come round in three days time to do a second visit as she is really keen. Later the same day I had somebody else come round, make a decision by that evening and I accepted their business instead. When I phoned the initial parent she seemed surprised that I hadnt held the space open for her???????

To be honest I have encountered more considerate parents that the other way round (maybe I'm just lucky). I do think that parents do this out of discomfort - of not knowing what to say when they decide not to use you but to be honest I'd rather get a text to tell me than nothing at all.

Good luck, hope you find someone more considerate soon - considerate parents are out there honest!!

HomefromHome
14-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I too have had this - but one stands out.
lady comes to visit for care for her then 18 month boy (over a yr ago now). full time. was really keen. i was really keen!
i (very naively never done it again) let her take my then slim portfolio out (thankfully having the sense to take out crb and anything wi my address on).
to show her dh.
well at group the next day excitedly told my comrades bout her etc etc. one pipes up what does she look like? explained and asked why?
it turned out she was actually registering as a c/m and had visited several c/ms in the area, looking at their stuff and asking if she could take them home, all so it turned out so she could copy all the work we'ed done!
well, after we complained to relevant people, a 'polite word' was had with her and she never did fully register!
because of this i wont do a website (despite lots of offers to from strange companies! lol). i dont mind sharing my work at all, but for it to be hijacked like that was a bit scary. i got my folder back (need to update it!) before the polite word was had too!
lesson learned that week - i'm 'ard now! lol
:)

rickysmiths
14-01-2009, 07:05 PM
WOOO That is taking the biscuit. How did she ever think she would make friends with and of you.

Twinkles
14-01-2009, 07:12 PM
It's one thing that they dont want to use you - it's the not telling you that is the problem for me.

I had someone at the beginning of the year come for a visit and was all really keen keen keen. Then I heard nothing for 3 weeks, she then phones up after three weeks saying that she will come round in three days time to do a second visit as she is really keen. Later the same day I had somebody else come round, make a decision by that evening and I accepted their business instead. When I phoned the initial parent she seemed surprised that I hadnt held the space open for her???????To be honest I have encountered more considerate parents that the other way round (maybe I'm just lucky). I do think that parents do this out of discomfort - of not knowing what to say when they decide not to use you but to be honest I'd rather get a text to tell me than nothing at all.

Good luck, hope you find someone more considerate soon - considerate parents are out there honest!!

I had a similar one not long ago came to visit ( teacher who didn't want to pay in hols but I stood firm ) heard nothing for two weeks and she called to say she wanted the space ( made it sound like she was doing me a favour too ! ) and was shocked when I said I'd filled the place.

Happy Feet
14-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh i'm sorry to hear you've been let down like that. It is awful to get your hopes up about something and then just not hear anything....on the other hand I guess you are better off without someone like that as they may have caused you problems once you were minding their child.

chin up xx

cher25
14-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear you've been let down. But im a big believer in everything happens for a reason! It wasn't meant to be and a much better and nicer family will come along soon.
I was let down a few times by people not turning up and people who did and said they would be in touch and im still waiting to hear from them. But i didn't give up hope, i have 4 children on the books now, but It took me till oct 07 (reg in march 07) to get 1 child and then after more let down's i got 3 practically all at once in the summer.
So chin up and you will hopefully get some mindee's very soon. :)

nell57
14-01-2009, 08:16 PM
It is frustrating I know, but I believe things happen for a reason and this was not meant to be for you:(

BTW Ive just noticed your location and you're only a couple of miles from me. I live just outside Hanley, so if there's anything I can help you with locally just give me a shout:D

Ebs71
15-01-2009, 08:09 AM
It is frustrating I know, but I believe things happen for a reason and this was not meant to be for you:(

BTW Ive just noticed your location and you're only a couple of miles from me. I live just outside Hanley, so if there's anything I can help you with locally just give me a shout:D

Hi, thanks for that, there are a few off us on here from Newcastle/stoke.

Also, thankyou to everyone for your replies, i know there will be plenty more of parents like that, ive had at least 6 or 7 of them already but it still makes me frustrated. Im really starting to think its something im saying or doing? We learn from experience i guess.

kindredspirits
15-01-2009, 08:47 AM
the first one is always the hardest to deal with i think.... then you start to get hardened to it and think well i like what i do and thats what matters .
i've had 2 of these and 2 no shows in 5 months of being registered

miffy
15-01-2009, 08:49 AM
I too have had this - but one stands out.
lady comes to visit for care for her then 18 month boy (over a yr ago now). full time. was really keen. i was really keen!
i (very naively never done it again) let her take my then slim portfolio out (thankfully having the sense to take out crb and anything wi my address on).
to show her dh.
well at group the next day excitedly told my comrades bout her etc etc. one pipes up what does she look like? explained and asked why?
it turned out she was actually registering as a c/m and had visited several c/ms in the area, looking at their stuff and asking if she could take them home, all so it turned out so she could copy all the work we'ed done!
well, after we complained to relevant people, a 'polite word' was had with her and she never did fully register!
because of this i wont do a website (despite lots of offers to from strange companies! lol). i dont mind sharing my work at all, but for it to be hijacked like that was a bit scary. i got my folder back (need to update it!) before the polite word was had too!
lesson learned that week - i'm 'ard now! lol
:)

What a cheek - and a bit short-sighted of her - she couldn't hope to make friends with any of you after that.

Miffy xx

Ebs71
15-01-2009, 08:51 AM
the first one is always the hardest to deal with i think.... then you start to get hardened to it and think well i like what i do and thats what matters .
i've had 2 of these and 2 no shows in 5 months of being registered

6 no shows since October for me...... laughable isnt it :blush:

miffy
15-01-2009, 08:56 AM
6 no shows since October for me...... laughable isnt it :blush:

It is a lot - don't think I've had that many enquiries in a year!

Hope you get someone serious soon

Miffy xx

childmind04
15-01-2009, 10:45 AM
6 no shows :eek: thats bad luck, try not to let it get you down, think of it as their loss :)

suz

DCMS
15-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I got really excited with my first one a couple of weeks ago. Rang up desperate as husbands shifts had changed and she'd taken the week off sick to sort something out. Needed LO minded 4 days 12-4.30 lives near-by all seemed well. Dropped all my info off at house as was passing soon after. Rang asking if son could come after school too for a couple of hours at he was at an after school club but it would be better to have them in same place. Said she'd get back to me asap re deposits, money up front etc. Havent heard from her since. Obviously sorted something or is still off sick 3 weeks later. But she had me believe it was a definite. Nearly went out buying extra stuff. Even had a call re respite from social services Tuesday asking about 2 children and even they haven't rang back. It's so frustrating. But looking at the posts 1 out of 10 enquiries produces, so won't get as excited at the next 7 or 8!