View Full Version : £500+ tax credits needing to be claimed by 31st....

14-01-2009, 12:13 PM
This may well have been mentioned before - I've not been on for a while - but just in case it hasn't:

'Millions of pounds are owed to UK parents and families.

The year before tax credits were introduced, there was a different allowance available which was very poorly publicised by the Inland Revenue, now HMRC. You can still claim this £529 - £1,048 allowance and this website has been setup to help you do so.

IMPORTANT: Claims must be submitted by the 31st January 2009 deadline.

You are eligible to claim £529 allowance if:
You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.
The child lived with you for all or part of 2002/2003.
You worked and paid tax for all or part of 2002/2003.
You are eligible to claim £1,048 allowance if:
You can answer yes to the above questions and one of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003.'


14-01-2009, 12:19 PM
What address do you send the form to?

14-01-2009, 12:23 PM
The Entitlements Agency
Chapel House
Chapel Street
CW12 4AB

14-01-2009, 12:24 PM
(If you click on the tabs at the top of the page ''single claim form' or 'cohabiting claim form' it gives you the address......)

14-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Just looked at this. Please be aware that if you claim through the Entitlements Agency they deduct a FEE from anything they claim for you. Looks like £94. Dont know how to put a link in here but there was a thread yesterday about this and I downloaded the forms from the Inland Rev site and they have to be returned to my local tax office and there is NO FEE charged.

14-01-2009, 12:39 PM
can you do it without goin through an agency? i'm sure it has been said before :blush:

14-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Sorry!!! I didn't realise it was through an agency, and I just found the other thread about it - http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22436
We're not entitled to it, sadly, but loads of you must be - hope it helps someone :D

14-01-2009, 12:46 PM
First thing you need to do is to phone your local tax office. They will advise if you have already claimed this and take out half the hassle. They can tell very quickly by looking at the household's highest paid earner's tax code for that year.

We phoned and had already got it - :(

If you havnt then there is a form on the inland revenue site for claiming childrens tax allowance. The address of where to send it is there but as this is a pretty outdated form you would be wiser to ask your local tax office, as you are phoning them anyway whether you send it to them direct.

There is no need to go through the entitlements agency who I read will charge something in the region of £70-90.

14-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Here is my thread that I started about 2 weeks ago.

It may give you more info xx