PDA

View Full Version : Ideas of what to do with kids names in Chinese

lissy
14-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Ive printed off all the kids names in chinese (thanks for the link) but now cant decide what to make with them. Any ideas???

DudleyChildmind
14-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I was wondering the same because I've printed them off too.

crazybones
14-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Last year I used them in a display. Used the names, then pictures of the years they were born eg Year of the Ox - picture. Then all the other stuff we did dragons, lanterns etc so it became a huge picture display.

Andrea08
14-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Ye ive printed mine off too,,some of the names are a litle different because they didnt have sian (girls name) so had to print shane? sorry

its on a A4 paper,, then i wrote on the childs D.O.B and said its the chinese year of the monkey (thats me 1968 lol)

so im thinking of laminating them and so the children can use wipe board pens over the chinese writing as practice and then put up on our display board for a month b4 taken home for the bin (parents!!)

dont want to go over board some of the children are only 20 months

we having noodles for starters mmmm and i got a sheet of chines newspaper to read pmsl it looks gr8,

just wish i had something for dressing up?

miffy
14-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Last year I used them in a display. Used the names, then pictures of the years they were born eg Year of the Ox - picture. Then all the other stuff we did dragons, lanterns etc so it became a huge picture display.

I did this last year too. I let the children have a go at painting their names and then put them on display - Ofsted loved this when I had my inspection.

You could make them into placemats and let the children decorate them and then laminate them.

Miffy xx

Spangles
14-01-2009, 01:14 PM
We made crowns with them on last year.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I am getting the children to copy them out larger and then we will glue it on to backing board, put hole punches in the stop and link string through to make a large name plate

Love the idea of a display with the dragons.

Schnakes
20-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Where are you getting the names from?

Sx

sarah707
20-01-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.chinesenames.org/

http://chineseculture.about.com/library/name/blname.htm

:D

miss mopple
20-01-2009, 10:38 PM
andrea- try your local charity shop for dressing up stuff. Mine have a load of chinese bits in the window and I got a couple of great tops for dressing up in there for £1.50 each :thumbsup:

tracey36
21-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I am getting the children to make chinese new year cards and sticking the names on the inside.