PDA

View Full Version : Sickness & D.....

Jules12Wed
13-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Aaargh. Why do parents send their kids to school when they have been sick.

I look after a boy who was not at school yesterday cos he had sickness and diarrhoea. The Mum called to say I did not need to collected him yesterday and said she would let me know about today. I assumed cos I hadn't heard that he was not at school. Luckily I have to go to the school in anycase for another child.

As soon as his teacher came out I went up to her and said I assume xxx isn't at school today and she said 'yes he is why? I told her he'd had s&d yesterday but she said that was not what the Mum had told the school!!!!

He'd even taken a spare pair of pants to school just in case!

beerheaven
13-01-2009, 05:32 PM
They send them because they don't want to take time off work!
I agree with you completely. It makes me so mad :angry: when parents send their kids to school so soon after D and V. Invariably my older daughter catches it and then I am unable to work!!
But what can you do?!

PixiePetal
13-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I am hoping my new possible mindees parents will be fine with this. Was meant to come for visit today but because of D and V has rearranged for Thursday.

Mum is a teacher at primary school and said guess you are the usual 48 hours. Sign up please!! :clapping:

Jules12Wed
13-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I am hoping my new possible mindees parents will be fine with this. Was meant to come for visit today but because of D and V has rearranged for Thursday.

Mum is a teacher at primary school and said guess you are the usual 48 hours. Sign up please!! :clapping:

Always better if they work in the children field cos they underderstand the rules! You should be fine.

Nicky
13-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Parent of mine didnt tell me when dropped child off that they had had sickness and d night before, told me when they collected them and asked if they had been ok!!!!!
Guess what, I caught it, and the parents then moaned cos I took time off!!!

I did very politely say that my policy says 48 hours from last bout and if they had gone by that then I may not have caught it!!!!!!!

Nicky

Jules12Wed
13-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Parent of mine didnt tell me when dropped child off that they had had sickness and d night before, told me when they collected them and asked if they had been ok!!!!!
Guess what, I caught it, and the parents then moaned cos I took time off!!!

I did very politely say that my policy says 48 hours from last bout and if they had gone by that then I may not have caught it!!!!!!!

Nicky

So annoying!!!

mandy moo
13-01-2009, 06:38 PM
They send them because they don't want to take time off work!
I agree with you completely. It makes me so mad :angry: when parents send their kids to school so soon after D and V. Invariably my older daughter catches it and then I am unable to work!!
But what can you do?!

What gets me tho is if they themselves take time off sick, I suspect at least 95% get paid for it.
And if its a vicious strain, you get it too.. & dont get paid.. aaaahhhhhhhh