PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter

donnadoo2004200
13-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Hi, I have been reading a few posts and notice quite a few of you do monthly newsletters for parents. Can I ask what sort of thing you put in it? I have 2 children under 2 so not yet doing any forward planning for them, most of the time they just play.

mjw
13-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Just been doing mine.
I do it termly and keep parents up to date with the latest developments in Surrey and nationally...EYFS, sef, trainings I am going to attend.
I also use it to say what themes or special days we will be celebrating and whether they have any they want me to celebrate ( working in partnership!)
I always have a little reminder section about warm clothes needed and wellies or in summer sunlotion and hats.And if they have changed phone numbers or emergency contact numbers.
I inform them of days I want off and holiday dates.
Generally its just to keep them up to date
Mary

sarah707
13-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Mine is like Mary's letter... just an overview of what we're doing, where we've been, messages to parents etc :D

Mrs M
13-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm the same, just writing my January one. I don't do them monthly, just when I feel I need to get in touch with the parents about what's going on in my setting. Sometimes every other month, sometimes every three months. The parents love receiving them as I add in some photos of their children participating in group activities etc. It's a nice touch if you have time to do it.

Jules12Wed
13-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I do one monthly and put in birthdays, what we done the previous month, what we're looking at currently sometimes fill up the space with a poem (gotten of the internet!). Parents don't always comment but think they like it.