PDA

View Full Version : on maternity leave and registering

mozarella
13-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry, I keep asking lots of questions but I have lots ...

I am currently on maternity leave till the 6th April and do not intend to go back to work. If i register now but do not take any mindee till april can i still have my maternity pay?

FizzysFriends
13-01-2009, 11:39 AM
You should still get SMP, but if the company you work for is topping it up you will have to check with them if you have to pay it back if you don't go back to work.

mozarella
13-01-2009, 11:42 AM
thanks, I only have statutory so I wouldnt have to gove anything back.

I just want to register to get up and running for when I need to work and give notice accordingly.

FizzysFriends
13-01-2009, 11:45 AM
As long as you aren't working and therefore getting an income you will be fine.

I think there are a few on here that are on ML and registering.

Buzz Lightyear
13-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I've done exactly the same. While I've been on mat leave, I've been training but now am registered :clapping: I'm still on mat leave until May but have started advertising now and hopefully, will have something lined up for when my mat leave ends!

Good luck with it all x

mummyroysof3
13-01-2009, 12:12 PM
i start my maternity leave next month and am due in may, im registered but havent yet started minding, i was informed that as long as i dont start taking money from minding it wont affect my maternity pay but i need to give 4 weeks notice if i wish to end my leave early and finish my job, the problem im having is i do get some extra from them in the 1st 6 weeks and cant ask about if i have to pay it back without them knowing i intend to leave

charlotte x

mozarella
13-01-2009, 12:25 PM
i start my maternity leave next month and am due in may, im registered but havent yet started minding, i was informed that as long as i dont start taking money from minding it wont affect my maternity pay but i need to give 4 weeks notice if i wish to end my leave early and finish my job, the problem im having is i do get some extra from them in the 1st 6 weeks and cant ask about if i have to pay it back without them knowing i intend to leave

charlotte x

Dont you have an HR document stating this?

FizzysFriends
13-01-2009, 12:35 PM

charlotte x

Just ask them, does it matter if they think you are weighing up the options?

mummyroysof3
13-01-2009, 01:10 PM
im going to wait till nearer the time of going back though before i ask im not due back till november so will go to see them before that, although i think it would only be less than £100 so im not too fussed if i have too, im also considering asking to take a career/lifestyle break incase the minding doesnt work out so will have to ask about that too lol

charlotte x