PDA

View Full Version : do i stay open???

emmadines
13-01-2009, 08:12 AM
hi we have just had a power cut although its just came back on and we have only a trickle for a water supply should i closed the setting????

SimplyLucy
13-01-2009, 08:20 AM
How come the power has effected your water supply? Are you on a pumped supply?

Might be worth ringing the water board to see if there is a leak in the area that caused the power cut.

If you have water, albeit a trickle and you have power then I wouldn't close. What ages are the children that are due? I'm wondering if You will need to do lots of toilet flushing!

sue m
13-01-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know Emma but just saw your post. Do you know how long the water will only be a trickle? If it's all day and you've no bottled maybe you will have to close. Can you ring the water board? I've just got up, can't think!! Just wanted to reply lol.

emmadines
13-01-2009, 08:22 AM
How come the power has effected your water supply? Are you on a pumped supply?

Might be worth ringing the water board to see if there is a leak in the area that caused the power cut.

If you have water, albeit a trickle and you have power then I wouldn't close. What ages are the children that are due? I'm wondering if You will need to do lots of toilet flushing!

3,4,,5,2x6 and a 10 year old:eek:

Mollymop
13-01-2009, 08:23 AM
I agree ring the water board to find out what's going on and get some idea when your water will be back. I would close if I was going to have no water for most of the day x

emmadines
13-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't know Emma but just saw your post. Do you know how long the water will only be a trickle? If it's all day and you've no bottled maybe you will have to close. Can you ring the water board? I've just got up, can't think!! Just wanted to reply lol.

they are awear of a leak but but dont know how long, I have requested bottled water but they dont know if they will be supplying that!:mad:

breezy
13-01-2009, 08:25 AM
If worse comes to worse could you take them out? Phone water board get an idea of how long this will last, and buy some bottled!!!!!!!!!!

Do you not have a "trickle of water" policy?:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

emmadines
13-01-2009, 08:30 AM
If worse comes to worse could you take them out? Phone water board get an idea of how long this will last, and buy some bottled!!!!!!!!!!

Im wondering if I should of had one drawn up lol
and a power cut policy lol

all i got from the kids this morning is that they cant watch tv

emmadines
13-01-2009, 08:31 AM

dont know if I want to take that lot out lol 6 kids one of me

rickysmiths
13-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I assume the 5 6 and 10yrs will be going to school? Take the others out for the day, buy plenty of bottled water and an M & S ready meal for tea if you feed after school. Just be glag its warmer this week.!!! Have a good day.

rickysmiths
13-01-2009, 08:35 AM
3,4,,5,2x6 and a 10 year old:eek:

Why are they all with you all day surely the older 4 are at school?

emmadines
13-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I assume the 5 6 and 10yrs will be going to school? Take the others out for the day, buy plenty of bottled water and an M & S ready meal for tea if you feed after school. Just be glag its warmer this week.!!! Have a good day.

thats if the scools open....... its right behind me so i assume its having the same problem!

rickysmiths
13-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Yes I suppose then you perhaps cant have all but you should be able to ring school by now and find out what is going on.

sue m
13-01-2009, 08:46 AM
that made me laugh Breezy, do you have a trickle of water policy. I still aren't sure how to do quotes yet and haven't got the time to learn right now :D We've got a flippin' National Disaster and whatever else it is policy which please God won't happen but exactly what DO we do if we have a power cut and a trickle of water!!! :D If it's winter and very cold we'd have to close if the power cut was to last all day but they don't usually - do they?

Chatterbox Childcare
13-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I would stay open - you can always go out to soft play etc.. and that way you could still earn money.

LOOPYLISA
13-01-2009, 09:41 AM
I would stay open i think, have you a soft play area,its warm, serves food , drinks etc x

~*Sarah*~
13-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I would stay open too

I have no idea how you would fit them all in the car if there is not anywhere near you can go to:idea:

Ripeberry
13-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Ah, but i would have to stay open as i've got a wood/coal burner so at least we could keep warm in one room:rolleyes: I agree with the others, may be best to go out for the day if you can.
We do seem to get lots of power cuts where i live and that's what i've always done with my children.

Raggydolls
13-01-2009, 10:44 AM
what did u do in the end??

just made a day out of it?

leanne
xx

charleyfarley
13-01-2009, 10:58 AM
We get quite a few power cuts here and I always stay open as they only tend to be for about an hour max.

Hope it's sorted now

Carol xxx

Twinkles
13-01-2009, 12:45 PM

You may laugh but I have a policy that states what I would do in the event of no power/heating/water.

I have stayed open in a power cut but warned parents to expect a call if it went on for longer than a couple of hours.
As for no water surely it would be a health hazzard if there was no water to flush toilets etc.

emmadines
13-01-2009, 02:40 PM
hello well the the power cut lasted an hour but then it went off again while the kiddies were at shcool, Ive been out most of the day paying bills etc (towns wasnt effected) but I assume the power didnt stay off for long......... I didnt get the kids sent back lol.

Ive just got back and the waters back on as is the power. Ive done all I need to do so am happy lol, Ive also got the activity for today, origarmie book(sp?)