PDA

View Full Version : I got my new mindee!!!

berkschick
27-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Im so excited :D

G Mum rang me about an hour ago to say that they would like me to have G, 3 days a week from March 3rd. Mum is a bit worried about how G will take to a childminder as she has been cared for by Gran who now wants to retire so we are going to use the next 5 weeks to settle her in gradually. Hopefully by week 3 she will have built up to coming 1 full day a week when I have no other mindees so we can get to know each other.

I need a triple buggy now though as I will have 2 x 17 month and a 12 month old 2 days a week.

Thank you for putting up with all my posts about this, I hated the waiting!

Now I have to wait until Friday to see if the other baby signs up too.......

miffy
27-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Great news - should help pay the vets bill :laughing: (sorry)

Miffy xx

sutherland
27-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Well done, :clapping: I'm glad the parents got back to you, and i'm sure the little girl will settle in fine.

Let us know how it all goes.

bubbly
27-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Well done Debbie. I'm really pleased for you :)

ajs
27-01-2008, 08:20 PM
thanks miffy for pointing out this thread
well done debbie on getting the new mindee
i bought a triple buggy in august used it twice now it's in my cellar covered in dust still got three but they like to walk and tbh it's easier to let them then use the ultra wide buggy.
try to get a tandem rather then a side by side which mine is

chubbymummy
27-01-2008, 08:21 PM
thats great been waiting for you to let us know all afternoon. you got us all waiting for the call too. :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

berkschick
27-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the advice Mandy, I have only seen side by side so far, will have to have another look about.

Yes, the vets bills, better not think too hard about that! Lol

Sorry I have had you all waiting for the call too! Got to go through all this again on Friday :laughing: :panic:

Fingers crossed Mum doesnt like the nursery then I will get her LO instead :D

manjay
27-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Phew!! I thought my double buggy dilemma was bad enough! Can't imagine trying to find a triple.

Well done you.

amanda xx

sarah707
27-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Congratulations!! :clapping:

Tily Bud
27-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Congratulations x

Why dont you use a double buggy and a buggy pod, then when you only need the double you just take the buggy pod off it x If you need any more info hazel has got a buggy pod x

Rubybubbles
27-01-2008, 08:34 PM
:thumbsup: well done

katickles
27-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah - well done you!:clapping: :clapping:

We'll all wait to hear about Friday now.

x

fionamal
27-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Congratulations !

:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Angela234
27-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi well done how about a double buggy and a buggy board depending on how far you have to walk and if your little ones will walk. I know around here its hell trying to get around with a double buggy is bad enough

Angela

berkschick
27-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I have a buggy board but there is no way either of the 17 month olds would stay on it! Its a 15 min walk to school ( and home again) so would be out about 40 mins twice a day including waiting at the gates / settling into the classroom.

My friend had a nasty experience with a buggy pod, it collapsed with her DS in it :eek: Kind of put me off!

I am going to see if I get the other baby on Friday as I would need a triple 4 days a week if I did.

I do have a bit of an obsession with pushchairs though :blush:

Angela234
27-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I thought after i sugested a buggy board they might be a bit too young do you use your buggy board much? i'm looking at getting on for a 2 year old do you recommend it?

Angela

berkschick
27-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I havent really used it at all to be honest! I had a 2 year old lined up to start so I bought it then but then my registration took too long and the parents couldnt wait. I have used it a couple of times, its handy but poked out quite a way.

manjay
27-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I thought after i sugested a buggy board they might be a bit too young do you use your buggy board much? i'm looking at getting on for a 2 year old do you recommend it?

Angela

My ds who is 20 months had a go on a friends pram on one the other day and he quite liked it. Had a look in the shops and they say from age 2. I think it depends on the pram/buggy you have as some of them look like they would trip you up.

amanda xx

charleyfarley
27-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Well done Debbie:clapping:

Can't wait for Fridays update, fingers crossed :)

Carol xx

ajs
27-01-2008, 10:41 PM
My ds who is 20 months had a go on a friends pram on one the other day and he quite liked it. Had a look in the shops and they say from age 2. I think it depends on the pram/buggy you have as some of them look like they would trip you up.

amanda xx

before i bought my triple buggy i looked everywhere for a buggy board but my double buggy is 15 years old and the buggy boards don't fit on the bars of the buggy (they are square and the buggy board fits on round bars) and they were considerably more expensive then buying the triple.

ruby
27-01-2008, 10:49 PM
congratulations
hope you have some more good news friday will keep fingers crossed

cathy and rachel

Mollymop
27-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Well done Debbie, I am so pleased for u. I hope you get the other child as well!!