PDA

View Full Version : Just beginning- First courses?

brum-minder
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Can anyone help me please! :)

When I registered 5 years ago or so, the ICP was funded, is this the same for the new course or do we have to fund it ourselves?

Also the NEC site list the course as distance learning tto, which I would prefer- is the first stage seperate from 2-5 with separate costs or can I buy it all together.

Just want to get started!

Thanks
Em x

madasahatter
12-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry, didn't want to read and run. Unfortunaely yours is a question I don't know the answer to. Maybe someone in your locality will be able to advise about funding for the ICP as it may vary from council to council.

brum-minder
13-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the reply

Annie_T
13-01-2009, 10:14 AM
im unsure hun sorry someone will be here soon who will know tho im sure x

bradbury1982
14-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi ya I am in Castle Bromwich and my ICP was funded x Hope this helps:)

kez
16-01-2009, 10:07 AM
hy ya i from Birmingham and its now called DHC unit 1 and they will fund it for you and also if you want to do the last 4 units they will pay for that too, they will also pay for your first aid course, there is no longer a start up grant in birmingham, they will only pay for your courses if yor interested call the local council and ask for the training department x x x

Allie
16-01-2009, 01:29 PM
In my area of Hampshire they have just introduced a £100 fee there is help for people on some benefits but otherwise this has to be paid

Allie

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Can anyone help me please! :)

When I registered 5 years ago or so, the ICP was funded, is this the same for the new course or do we have to fund it ourselves?

Also the NEC site list the course as distance learning tto, which I would prefer- is the first stage seperate from 2-5 with separate costs or can I buy it all together.

Just want to get started!

Thanks
Em x

I think it depends on what area you're from as from what I gather on here some areas fund part or all of the training. I live in West Yorkshire and have done all my training through Bradford Early Years who have funded everything. What area are you in as someone on here might be able to help,

Liz:)