PDA

View Full Version : Car...

snowbunny
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Do you have to use the car to travel? I've got a park 2 seconds away, a swimming pool (if you're permitted to take the children) about 10/15 mins walk away.

I only have a very tiny car and wouldn't be able to use it for childminding.

x

PixiePetal
12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't drive. Kids love the bus or we walk. :)

madasahatter
12-01-2009, 09:15 PM
No you don't have to have a car. You do need to do risk assessments for trips out though. I'd suggest one for out walking (covers shops, school runs etc), one for public transport, one for each toddler group etc you regularly visit, one for the park and one for swimming (if applicable). Most swimming pools have restrictions on the number of children (especially non-swimmers) you can take. At our local pool they say a max of 2 under 8's per adult and recommend one adult per non-swimmer.

rickysmiths
12-01-2009, 09:16 PM
No of course you dont . I know lots of cm in this area who dont drive. I didnt have a car for cm myself when I started, we only had one and hubby used it to get to work.

Just make sure you have parents permission to use buses, trains, tubes etc. and there shouldnt be a prob. I take mine on the bus and they love it. We quite often go on the tube into London as well great fun.

You can take mindees swimming but you need parents permission and you need to abide by the adult child ratios imposed by your pool they do seem to differ from place to place for some odd reason so best to check. Remember your Risk Assessments.

Mrs M
13-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I have a seven seater as there is hardly anything in our little town. I even need to use it for the school run. However, life would be much easier if I didn't have to get three or four children in and out of the car each day!

tulip0803
13-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I used to walk nearly everywhere :) but after moving to the country, for a healthier life, have to take the car now as I live too far from anything and no footpaths on a busy road:(