PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Health coming!

mum2two
12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Just had a call, as I registered with them ages ago, and had the questionaire come whilst I was on holiday.

Sent it back last week, and she's just called, and wants to come & see me on Fri morning, to inspect & go over paperwork!

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh :panic: :panic: What paperwork should I have. Fridge temps, which are the same every day as I have an american side by side, which displays they temp on the front.

Better get cleaning. It's my home though, so It'll never be as clean as a 'proper' kitchen. Plus I have a cat.

Anyone else had a visit?

miss mopple
12-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I had them out ages ago and she was lovely.

Make sure you have antibac cleaning stuff, and hand gel (obviously!)

All she did was talk about my food hygeine procedures, check temp on fridge and freezer and that was about it.

She recommended aprons for cooking, and that I used the safer food better business pack (which Im rubbish at keeping up to date :blush: )

I'm sure you'll be fine.
Good luck!

vix84
12-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Just had a call, as I registered with them ages ago, and had the questionaire come whilst I was on holiday.

Sent it back last week, and she's just called, and wants to come & see me on Fri morning, to inspect & go over paperwork!

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh :panic: :panic: What paperwork should I have. Fridge temps, which are the same every day as I have an american side by side, which displays they temp on the front.

Better get cleaning. It's my home though, so It'll never be as clean as a 'proper' kitchen. Plus I have a cat.

Anyone else had a visit?

Im on maternity leave, but returning soon, so need to register, so interesting to her what happens.

Im guessing they will recommend keeping up to date with food hygiene courses, there are online ones. Changing tea towels and dishclothes daily, Maybe having a seperate chopping board for raw meat, putting raw meat on the botom shelf of the fridge,detoxing surfaces before and after food prep. knowing fridge and freezer temps. And how to store food etc. aswell as how soon to put things in fridge freezer etc.

Anyone know what else we have to do? We dont have to check food temps do we?

Maybe it would be an idea to put all this is a policy to show them:) :panic:

miss mopple
12-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Cloths should be changed after each use rather than daily
Yes to different coloured chopping boards
You should use a food probe to check reheated food temps
Also a cleaning schedule is a good idea, including things like pest checks.

mum2two
12-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks. Put my mind at ease a bit! Spoke to the other minder near me, and she said you'd know!!

At the end of the day it's my home - they'll have to like it as they find it...

xx

sarah707
12-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks. Put my mind at ease a bit! Spoke to the other minder near me, and she said you'd know!!

At the end of the day it's my home - they'll have to like it as they find it...

xx

You say that now, but I bet you'll be pulling out your fridge and cleaning behind it before she comes! :laughing:

mum2two
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
:blush: I've actually just been noticing things that'll need to be cleaned... And she probabaly won't even look in half these places anyway!

Better dig out that safer food better business pack, and look like I've attempted to complete it ;)

Just more paperwork - why not! I think gradually childminders are going to be these people you read about that were found buried under paper and folders, with tunnels that led us round the house, and one just collaspsed one day as there was just too much and we got stuck!!! :laughing:

Angela234
12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
It's nothing like when you work in a cafe we had inspections when i worked in a cafe they go though a lot more

For us its what the others have said also

Make sure there's no food left out on sides

They ask how long do you leave food to cool before putting into fridge or freezer.

Wipe down sides with anti bac and paper towels.

Where you buy your shopping?

They are nice people and not to catch you out but to advice you where needed

I won't say good luck as you won't need it.

Angela

miss mopple
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Honestly K, you'll be fine. You have nothing to worry about at all.

Are you coming up the hall tomorrow? Can tell you more about my visit then if you are.

mum2two
12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, I am coming up tomorrow. Had dentist last week.

miss mopple
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I wasn't there last week either, apparently it was really quiet.

Only have my new little man tomorrow so you'll get to meet him.

See you there

xx

mum2two
12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Oooohhh is he the baby... I'll have 1yr F, your little T & the lovely A!! 3 to watch - won't be quite so easy for me any more!!!

xx

miss mopple
12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
You'll have your hands full lol! Hows the lovely A getting on? He was a star for me at new year. Em loved having him to play :)

Yes its the baby (well, 11mths now). Having a bit of trouble with seperation anxiety but he's much happier and cuter when out and about so Im sure he'll charm the socks off you!

mum2two
12-01-2009, 10:13 PM
F is still like that. He actually prefers me to hubby... :rolleyes: Today he just screamed at lunch time when hubby trying to feed him, and then ate it all when I took over. And it's so funny (well not for J), that he's crying, I take him off him, and he seems to stop.

At least he's happy with me! :thumbsup: J says we need to get another baby to mind, to put me off wanting another - not going to happen though.

miss mopple
12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
oooh, you broody then? I have another baby starting full time next month. A little girl this time and sooo cute. Will introduce her to J down the school so he gets bitten by the broody fairy too ;)

mum2two
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh he's broody too - just a man so won't admit it!!! Oh and A's been fine - A & T together - interesting... A's a typical 3 yr old - no worse than my one... Actually after yesterday I would've traded both mine in! :angry: