PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for advice

nikki2684
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi every one. My name is nikki i'm new here. I stumbled across this site looking for more info on becoming a childminder.
I have found so much valubale information and it is something i am very interested in. I'm 24, i have 2 children already. 1 is 5 and at full time school and 1 is 21mths. I have tred calling to book for the pre reg courses all day today but no joy so i've left my detais hoping they will call back. Before i go ahead with all this, my only concern is i have a dog. She is a staffie, only a yr old, fantastic with the kids. Can i be a dog owner and still be a childminder? Will it put parents off if i have a dog? I know the sort of reputation the press have given staffordshire bull terriers and i'm worried.

Thanks
nikki

angeldelight
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Nikki

Welcome to the forum

I have a dog and a lot of us do have pets there is no problem you just need to ensure you cover all risks etc

There is a lot of posts about pets in the childminding area of the forum - have a read of them

Good luck to you if you decide to go ahead with registration

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I think once you have your pre reg you can reassure the Ofsted officer or they will give you guidance.