PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for August 09

Bex1
12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I have had an enq for Aug 09 and wonder what you would do in terms of if she wants me do I get a big retainer from her because its 7 months away which seems a long time to me to hold places?

Thanks

singlewiththree
12-01-2009, 03:22 PM
As I'm still waiting for enquiries I can only say what I would do if it was me.

If I have the place available now then I would charge a deposit of perhaps £100 maybe I'm soft but as a parent I would be happy to pay that knowing it was coming off my first invoice. I would explain to the parent if I get another enquiry in the meantime for that place then I would have to charge a retainer instead and they would have to pay half the going rate until the place is taken, the settling in could start as early as July so it would only be 6mths.

Like I said I'm new to this too so hopefully you will get better answers.

rickysmiths
12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
If the parent wanted to sign a contract now I would take a months fee as a deposit non returnable if they decide not to use the place but when the place was taken up I still hold the deposit until the end of the contract.

I musst say I.ve never charged retainer fees if you do you have to be availble to work so dont forget to factor in your summer holiday if you have one.