PDA

View Full Version : Nursery invertation

Monkey1
12-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I arived at nursery this morning and j's key worker asked if i would like to come in and observe J in the setting and take part in an activity with the group at my conveniece. She said i was welcome to take photos to prove my link with them!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Thats brilliant Monkey, did you have a good time?

Alibali
12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
What a great nursery! Ofsted'll love it

Tatia
12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Now ask them if they want to come to your's to observe him:laughing:!

It's awesome they are welcoming you in. It might be very interesting for you to see him in a different setting.

ajs
12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
oh i wish our nursery were so accomodating
i have to battle to get any info out of them

i hope j enjoyed having you there too

angeldelight
12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Thats great and how nice of them

Hope you have fun

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
12-01-2009, 04:54 PM
The cynic in me is saying "are they due an inspection and are making links with you?" Why not mention it before but just on the day

Did you stay and take your photo's?

Monkey1
12-01-2009, 05:32 PM
They said i can chose when to go. I'm going to go on a wednesday in a couple of weeks time when i only have one extra in tow! They have always been brilliant and i get a photocopy of the weekly planning so i know what j is doing. I did joke and say that they will be able to pop round one afternoon for coffee!

Monkey1
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
The cynic in me is saying "are they due an inspection and are making links with you?" Why not mention it before but just on the day

Did you stay and take your photo's?

They were inspected last year.........there are some helpful people out there.....even if they are few and far between!:rolleyes:

PixiePetal
12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Wish the nursery I dealt with were more like yours.

Would not give weekly planning - 'if I did it for you ,everyone would want one and anyway it's not individual planning'. !

Now only dealing through mother and key worker (leaving owner/manager out of loop, she does not deal with child anyway) Not going through a 40 min phone call again. Went round in circles, for her to make sure her way was the only way to do things and I should tow the line. :angry:

Just had this terms plans from key worker (via parent). Now know childs themes and goals so will tie in. My way.:D :thumbsup:

Andrea08
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
thats gr8 news, have you decided on an activity? i have a good relationship with one nursery, but both schools and nurserys are reluctant to tell me their plans? i asked and said it would be nice to follow up with one mindees sister and so both would be following same subject but im still waiting, bit like the parent questionnares i sent out sill waiting for them too,

good luck on the wednesday you go in, let us know how it went xx