PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG

donnadoo2004200
12-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone, I was registered in Sep 08 but did not start looking after an mindees until Jan 09. I called OFSTED to let them know I had started but how long do you think they will take to come now I have started minding?

Chatterbox Childcare
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
You cannot start until they have been and you have your certificate.

Mollymop
12-01-2009, 01:02 PM
You cannot start until they have been and you have your certificate.

She has her certificate Debbie, I think she is wondering when Ofsted will come to do her graded inspection.

They usually come between 6 to 8 months after you first registered (the date on your certificate) - some people have had them as early as 4 months and some as late as a year, so if you get yourself ready now then you won't be too panicky when you do get the phone call xx

sarah707
12-01-2009, 05:54 PM
good advice there from Mollymop...

I work as if they could come knocking on my door any day, then I'm not surprised when I get the call :D

donnadoo2004200
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks, Everytime the door goes I think its them, not that I have anything to hide but this waiting makes me nervous. Do they always phone or sometimes just turn up unannounced. Only started a week ago but so far have just taken the children to toddlers and played in the house with them, no paperwork yet except for their daily diary. Need to get a move on to do an observation or something:panic: