PDA

View Full Version : What do i need to have done for pre registration visit ?

mozarella
12-01-2009, 08:55 AM
I am in process of registering and things seem to be a bit on top of me but what do I need to have done for pre registration visit:

So far:
I need to have my house as child friendly as possible
having a good knowledge of the EYFS

But what papers need to get ready? Do i need all the policies written? sample contract? risk assessements ?

Moz

Annie_T
12-01-2009, 09:31 AM
i wouldnt worry about having policys etc done as this is only a pre reg visit which is to help you etc but i would be good to get policys done see brmley website and alter them to your setting
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

permission slips, i did a small intro on myself - name, previous job, pets etc

the inspector will need to see id for the crb paperwork ... driving licence, and a bill i think is enough

hope this helps hun x

Buzz Lightyear
12-01-2009, 09:33 AM
For mine, I ensured house and garden was suitable, a good knowledge of EYFS, filled in my SEF as you can refer to it for notes, have all policies and proceedures done, risk assessment for your home done, examples of risk assessments you will do in the future, i.e. for outings. I also had done a welcome pack and a registration pack which my inspector looked through and said it was great and well thought out. Registration pack included things like permission forms, emergency contact details, legal contact with child, etc, etc, etc.

Good luck with your pre-reg x

Buzz Lightyear
12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
i wouldnt worry about having policys etc done as this is only a pre reg visit which is to help you

See when my Inspector called, she insisted they were all done for her to look at x