PDA

View Full Version : placemats for meals

don the duck
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
want to make some place mats but dont know where to start. has anyone got any ideas.

FizzysFriends
11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
They could draw their favourite foods.

Write their name and decorate it

Do it to the theme you are working on eg collect leaves and glue them on paper for Autumn

Then just laminate them

jellytot
11-01-2009, 10:32 PM
my first set of placemats the children all drew their favorite meals, the second set they drew or printed off pictures of all their favorite things, we then laminated them.

don the duck
11-01-2009, 10:34 PM
thought that.. have a baby and my son. 3 think we might to a train and have some cho wrappers to stick on.

FizzysFriends
11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
You could do handprints for the baby

Annie_T
11-01-2009, 11:27 PM
i saw some somewhere..was it posted on here? cant think

A4 paper

let them -

stick pics
draw
use computer to design one
write their names

then laminate ... DONE

anita howarth
12-01-2009, 07:35 PM
want to make some place mats but dont know where to start. has anyone got any ideas.

i cut out shapes of a knife , fork , spoon and plate in different coloured paper , then put them out on a sheet of laminate paper as you would on the table and laminated them ...... my little people age 2/3 love them ..... parents had me makin more for their homes :blush:

before i laminated them i wrote their names so they have to look for their names to know where they sit :clapping: result i hope that helps
and they wash well :jump for joy:

Pipsqueak
12-01-2009, 07:35 PM
sparklebox

sparkibobs
17-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi
I've made these, the chidlren love them. We made them for Autumn using leaves etc with their names in the middle and also for Christmas, names in middle again with all christmassy bits and lots of glitter on.
Tried to put the photo on for you but not playing today. There is a photo under Photos of craftwork 15th thread down.
Hope this helps. Have fun with this my mindees love it
x

christine e
17-01-2009, 03:54 PM
This is something I intend to get round to doing and as one of the children has a wheat and diary allergy I am going to incorporate that somewhere (somehow) on her mat.

Cx