PDA

View Full Version : australia day

avril
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi creative steps have given the idea of boomerange cut outs that the children can then decorate with various designs/colours significant to australia which I thought was good as could be adapted for all age groups.

PixiePetal
11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
We will be doing these :)

Thought they could finger paint dots like aborigine art :thumbsup: even the little ones can do it

sue m
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I haven't really thought much about it apart from printing an Australian flag and a Union Jack (and a Netherlands one as my son lives there, thought I can use that another time) as my little one much prefers to do role play and I find it difficult trying to get him to take an interest in much, he's got an 8 year old brother and they play fight at home and have guns and swords and I told Mum and Dad I don't have that sort of thing at my house so he plays at being Fireman Sam. He's 3 today so I guess I will have to start some planning of some sort and see if I can interest him, he's like a little old man but gorgeous with it and just doesn't want to do a lot of things I try and talk him into! My oh is Australian anyway so at least I have any answers to any questions! :panic: Hopefully.

mabel
13-01-2009, 11:33 AM
we did this at Toddler group not long ago as my friend was emigrating and
we did a big farewell party

the children made hats, simple bands with corks on string (cut up card) and we stuck on kangaroos and kaola's.

I would show you but don't know how to load a picture on here !

miffy
17-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi creative steps have given the idea of boomerange cut outs that the children can then decorate with various designs/colours significant to australia which I thought was good as could be adapted for all age groups.

We will be doing these too :)

Miffy xx

emler
17-01-2009, 08:36 AM
So will we :D

hello kitty
17-01-2009, 09:30 AM
We are going to make the hats, using paper bowls upside down and with string and cardboard corks~ should be interesting!

miffy
17-01-2009, 06:55 PM
We are going to make the hats, using paper bowls upside down and with string and cardboard corks~ should be interesting!

Wilkinson's had packs of corks (in the wine making bit) for 89p

Miffy xx

hello kitty
17-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks Miffy that's useful. I didn't know where to go for something like that and I don't drink wine either!!!!

Only prob now is Wilkinsons is about 20 miles away from me here. :rolleyes: