PDA

View Full Version : Capital grant

gemhei
11-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Where do you apply for the capital grant? I know they are starting the funding again in march and i missed out last time. I have made a list already lol :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Speak to your local Surestart and they should have the information about what you area offers

sarah707
11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Not listening... lalalalalalala

They won't give it us....

Something about not willing to improve our houses :crying:

~*Sarah*~
11-01-2009, 07:56 PM
I have never heard of a capital grant

Does anyone know if its available in Portsmouth, Hampshire area

gemhei
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Well i want it for new fencing and improving storage and accessability. They should be ok with that shouldnt they? I also want to improve outdoor space. I dont know exactly what they will and will not agree to but i thought its worth a go. Thanks for your advice

Straws
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Applied for mine just before xmas and its gone through £2500 of IT equipment. Just waiting for delivery now:clapping: :clapping:

Straws xx

gemhei
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Its available accross the country theres millions of pounds available to nurseries and childminders. Ive just got some more info about it from DP step mum who deals with them all (i never knew i thought she just trained accredited childminders etc :blush: ) I might get a new laptop, at this rate ill be spending a million on me haha.

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Ive phoned my local kidlincs and sure start and no one knows anything about it................... typical for our area !

Angela234
12-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I asked at childminding group today about the grant our area is only giving it to accredited childminders.

WHY! we are expected to provide the same environment/resources and activities.

Its not fair :crying:

Angela

miffy
12-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Applied for mine just before xmas and its gone through £2500 of IT equipment. Just waiting for delivery now:clapping: :clapping:

Straws xx

WOW lucky you - nothing doing here!

Miffy xx

RedDragon
12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
My application is being looked at this week some time.

I try not to think about it because it would make SO much difference to my setting - I think I will cry if I get a no.

Well done on getting what you asked for and shame for all the people who can't apply.

bex8282
30-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Can you apply for a grant for the first courses like - 1st aid and ICP and where can you go to to apply is there a website ??

:)

christine e
30-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I think it has to be something physical hence capital grant you need to get in touch with your local dev officer.

Cx

Heaven Scent
30-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Not listening... lalalalalalala

They won't give it us....

Something about not willing to improve our houses :crying:

I'd need a lot more than a capital grant to improve my house - all I want money for is to instal a sensory garden for the mindees - not much use to my family at the moment - children going into the 'duh kevin the teenager stage duh' - it makes my blood boil and I mention that fact to our friend every chance I get,

OK now sarah, fingers in your ears, are you ready? ...1,2,3...lalalalalalalalala

Childminders in Biddulph, Staffs are getting it I went to a drop in at a Childrens Centre over there the other Friday and the lady there couldn't believe Cheshire were behaving like this towards Childminders. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Monkey1
30-03-2009, 05:53 PM
still waiting to hear about ours!:rolleyes:

Tracey1
30-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I have never heard of a capital grant

Does anyone know if its available in Portsmouth, Hampshire area

Hiya only if you are a network childminder.. Quality assured I think they call it or accredited childminder

Tracey

Tracey1
30-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Can you apply for a grant for the first courses like - 1st aid and ICP and where can you go to to apply is there a website ??

:)

First aid and ICP are free to childminders. Depending on the area that you live in the grant is only for those that are network childminder

jeanybeany
30-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I'd need a lot more than a capital grant to improve my house - all I want money for is to instal a sensory garden for the mindees - not much use to my family at the moment - children going into the 'duh kevin the teenager stage duh' - it makes my blood boil and I mention that fact to our friend every chance I get,

OK now sarah, fingers in your ears, are you ready? ...1,2,3...lalalalalalalalala

Childminders in Biddulph, Staffs are getting it I went to a drop in at a Childrens Centre over there the other Friday and the lady there couldn't believe Cheshire were behaving like this towards Childminders. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What did the lady say they were getting

Pipsqueak
30-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Well i want it for new fencing and improving storage and accessability. They should be ok with that shouldnt they? I also want to improve outdoor space. I dont know exactly what they will and will not agree to but i thought its worth a go. Thanks for your advice

hubs can do your fencing lol

avril
30-03-2009, 08:21 PM
We got this grant, took me for ever filling in forms £500 to spend to on each communication and language, physical development and ict. I made a long list of each woth were to get the items and pricing it all then they said no no no no and gave us a details 2 items for each category to choose from and I chose.....
An outdoor wooden playhouse- flat packed for us to put up ourselves, this could be problem solving or physical development :laughing:
An ict package - adult digital camera, child's digital camera, digital photo frame, memory card, mini printer.
Wooden building blocks and cart to put them in.

hectors house
31-03-2009, 10:18 AM
my friend in Wiltshire isn't a network or accredited childminder and has just got £1200 to buy a new computer for the children to use, digital camera and fantastic tandem tricyles for the garden - didn't get offered it here across the border in Somerset - I have just had to buy my own computer!

Mouse
31-03-2009, 10:21 AM
I got £500 for some outdoor toys & thought I was doing well. I feel a bit peeved now that others are getting thousands, but also lucky as some are obviously getting nothing.

How can it vary so much from place to place? Who decides who can have it & who can't?

LisaH
31-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Nothing going here either!!

We even have to pay for our 1st aid courses now!!:mad:

Pedagog
31-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Anyone know if anything is available in Wakefield?