PDA

View Full Version : what do inspectors look for?

aly
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
on the pre-reg visit, im just wondering what they look for. im tryign my best to think of things and im even goign to do my risk assess. so the things i knwo that need doing aren;t overlooked etc. ie will she look in my oven/fridge to see im storing things right etc

any help would be appreciated thanks.

donnadoo2004200
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
They dont really do much on pre-reg. Mine came talked to me a bit about children what I would do in different scenarios. She asked me which parts of the house I wanted registered and had a look at the rooms and garden. She did check all my car docs and had a look at my policies I had written not all of them though, she went through my CRB forms with me and took them away with her. That was it I think. She didnt look in fridge or anything like that. Hope all goes well for you:)

Bex1
11-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Aly,

On my Inspection, the Inspector went through my policies and procedures, in particular, safeguarding children policy, sickness policy, working in partnership with parents policy and my risk assessment policy. She talked to me about EYFS and asked me about scenario's i.e cooking with children and which of the 6 area's of learning would that cover. She then walked all around my house even in the bedrooms and bathrooms but didnt look in cupboards or fridge etc but I did show her that I had child locks on cupboards etc. She also looked at where I had stored the first aid box and took a look at my fire blanket and told me it had to be fitted on the wall! I was pleased I cleaned right through my house before the visit!

She also went through the CRB with me and looked at mine and my husbands identifications. Had a cuppa, had a chat and was generally really nice.

Hope that helps :)

Chrissy B
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry but just wondering do they check any rooms that you don't want to use or only the ones you wish to use?

LOOPYLISA
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Sorry but just wondering do they check any rooms that you don't want to use or only the ones you wish to use?

They check all rooms wheather you will be registering them or not x

aly
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM

just wondering this too, upstairs is a tip whilst i was trying to get downstairs ready for wednesday lol

Chrissy B
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh darn it, lol i was hoping they wouldn't see the bedrooms lol there quite messy.

aly
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
They check all rooms wheather you will be registering them or not x

Really :eek::eek::eek:

no way :panic::panic::panic:

they are sooooooo messy :blush: they got the junk from downstairs in.

i didnt think they would go upstairs as im not registering upstairs ata ll!!!

:(

donnadoo2004200
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
They only looked at 1 bedroom in my house which I asked her to look at because I wanted it registered.

jayne191284
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Aly,

On my Inspection, the Inspector went through my policies and procedures, in particular, safeguarding children policy, sickness policy, working in partnership with parents policy and my risk assessment policy.

What sort of things does your risk assessment policy include. We have a health and safety policy which states we will do a risk assessment in the morning before we care for any children etc

Do we have to have a specific 'Risk assessment policy' or can it be included in the H&S policy

xx

Chrissy B
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Really :eek::eek::eek:

no way :panic::panic::panic:

they are sooooooo messy :blush: they got the junk from downstairs in.

i didnt think they would go upstairs as im not registering upstairs ata ll!!!

:(

Mine are like that also lol

aly
11-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Mine are like that also lol

Lol im glad im not the only one ha ha

Buzz Lightyear
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I think it's pretty clear to say all Inspectors are different. Mine didn't want to look at any rooms which I wasn't registering and only the ones I wanted to. She looked through all my P&P's, all risk assessments, looked at my fridge for the temp, wanted to see all child proofing in the lounge, kitchen, playroom, etc, etc, etc.

I think it'd be wise to do as much as possible just in case your inspector wants to look at absolutely everything. It'd be a pain to get caught out and for them to give you a list of actions to get sorted.

Just my opinion but I'd be well prepared just in case x

tulip0803
12-01-2009, 11:20 AM
on the pre-reg visit, im just wondering what they look for. im tryign my best to think of things and im even goign to do my risk assess. so the things i knwo that need doing aren;t overlooked etc. ie will she look in my oven/fridge to see im storing things right etc

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Aly the CSSIW inspector will inspect all the house even if it is not used for minding. Mine even looked in my cellar (where everything was piled up:blush: from hiding it). She didn't look in my oven but I showed her the fridge & freezer thermometers as I said I had them in my policies, but she didn't checks dates or storage. They want to see that there is nothing in the house that is a danger to children. Remember to put shampoos, shower gels & cleaning stuff away in the bathroom. Have the stairgates & plug socket covers, fire guard out etc.

Mine had a long form of interview questions to ask me. Went over a couple of wording changes. Then went round the house.

Bex1
12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
My Inspector looked in every room, including the En-Suite and it felt like I was showing a potential buyer around :o maybe my Inspector was nosey but I am glad I tidied every room and hooved right through my house!

Tatjana
12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Oddly enough my inspector didn't look anywhere, he said he would but left without bothering!?

And i had gone to the trouble of cleaning and tidying every nook and cranny in the whole house!