PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging News!!!

snowbunny
10-01-2009, 05:25 PM
:laughing: I've just been over to the flat one of the Directors of my Housing Association (freeholder) lives. I had been told by the management company under no circumstances can i have a business in my flat.

I spoke to lady for 10 minutes and she even asked me why i was bothering with asking her about it?! She told me the bloke was a complete moron :laughing: . She said you'll be providing a serive more than a business and she said there is a difference, she said she had no problem at all with it and said she'd fight my corner at the Directors meeting on the 26th Jan :) She said there shouldn't be a problem.

She was very impressed that i produced a copy of a few of my policies and a list of what policies i will have. I also produced a 'daily routine' plan and she said this clearly showed i was serious. I assured her that i wanted to seem professional and serious and to show that i wouldn't just let the children run wild.

Thanks for you encouraging marks earlier in the week and please keep your fingers crossed :blush:

:jump for joy:

Chrissy B
10-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Aw that's good, fingers crossed it's good news and soon :)

breezy
10-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

LisaMarie
11-01-2009, 02:31 AM
oh i didnt see this before i replied to your other thread, good luck hun :clapping:

miffy
11-01-2009, 08:53 AM
That's encouraging - always good to have someone on your side

Will keep my fingers crossed for you - let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Thats brilliant news Snowbunny but do ask for a letter confirming they are happy. You never know when a change of directors may see it differently. I kept my letter in my portfolio Ofsted were impressed.

I told you it wouldnt be a problem!

Lick'le Oakes
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
:goodjob: You must be feeling better now there is a bit of hope again. Well done for trying to sort it out and best wishes for the next step

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Well done you for taking the bull by the horns. Did you leave a copy of everything with her to take to the meeting?

Annie_T
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
thats good hun, you should be allowed to childmind from your flat ...no different from a house is it as such.

go fight your corner hun x

snowbunny
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Debbie, I left her a few of my policies as an example and a list of all the policies i will have. I also left her my 'typical' day so they can see I'm not going to just be in the flat all day. I also reassued her that Ofsted have to come over and inspect the premises and if it's not suitable they won't let me. She did back me up on the 'it's like me looking after my children in the flat' (when i have kids, which i hope wont be along way off! :blush: )

You're all great though, I've learnt such a lot from all of you and you're very supportive. I should find out on the 27th Jan which is good because my Briefing Meeting is on the 7th Feb! :)

xx

Jen4Kids
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Thats brill news Snowbunny - ive been thinking about you :laughing:
Heres to the 27th - ive got to have a filling done at the dentists that day :mad: