PDA

View Full Version : i love freecycle!

sarahstanbridge
10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
just been to collect a chad valley areoplane from a fellow freecycler and came away with a fisher price garage, balamory bus, pirate game, animla merry go arouns, vtech computer, 2 first leappads with books in rucksack, barbie beattle car, shopping basket, 20 books and some toy cars and a pop up dora starage box. i love freecycle!!!! mine are playing with it all now- they are aged 6, 9 and 11 so they mindies are going to love it all on monday... christams all over again..

Jules12Wed
10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I have just discovered freecycle but so far not had any replies from anything I have asked for.

Just get heaps of emails saying all the things offered, when there collected etc I can't keep up with my emails now!

Annie_T
11-01-2009, 12:46 AM
well done hun

i love freecycle too .. i went collect 2 unit things and came out with a wodden toy box last week hehe

just asked for some boys preschool toys someone is offering, as dont have many lol fingers crossed

miffy
11-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Sounds like you got some great toys - should keep everyone amused for a while :)

Miffy xx

jessie1
11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I also had some nice things from their but twice this week missed a double buggy. One lady offered and i replied but was picked up just before and then the one that picked it up decided not to have it anymore and offered again and I missed again.

PixiePetal
11-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I have just discovered freecycle but so far not had any replies from anything I have asked for.

Just get heaps of emails saying all the things offered, when there collected etc I can't keep up with my emails now!

You should be able to stop the e-mails filling your in-box. I found this when I first joined and there is a way of doing it. Can't remember how though!!:laughing: Maybe someone else does?

Just been to look -

click on edit membership at top of home page, go down to message delivery and click web only. Stopped my hundreds of emails and I now just look when I want on the messages page.

Hope that helps:thumbsup:

childmind04
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I got 3 huge boxes of what were decribed as box games and it turned out to be total rubbish, all of the games had something missing, cuddly toys, lamps etc, would not mind but it was from one of the mods!!!

I have given some nice stuff away but yet to get anything worth while back :)

Straws
11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I never get anything i ask for:)

Straws xx

jibberjitz
11-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow thats great! I've had quite a bit from fc too and recently got my daughters entire bedroom furniture set!:)

Liz

LeanneC
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow! So people actually just give stuff away..... is it all good stuff?

I think I might join.

FizzysFriends
12-01-2009, 06:37 PM
I've had some great toys from there. Also get old duvets for the bottom of the dogs crate.

PixiePetal
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I got some waterproof trousers and jacket, great as spares as got rid of my kids ones years ago - before I realised that parents dont always send kids in appropriate clothing for weather. :laughing:

Well worth a look and register with them.

Jen4Kids
12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I love Freecycle too, so far ive given away stuff but not actually been lucky enough getting things