PDA

View Full Version : EMBARRISSING

donnadoo2004200
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
What can I do im so embarresed. I have had my CRB back and on it said that I stole a car when I was 16 (now42) over 25 yrs ago. I cant believe this was on there. Im am so embarressed to show potential parents, what can I do, this is sure to put them off before we even start. It is hard enough as it is to get children without this bombshell.

Hebs
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Not sure hun but didn't want to read and not reply

X

Lick'le Oakes
09-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Hopefully parents will realise that was along time ago and we all do things we shouldn't perhaps even they have in their past. The parents that hold it against you might not be the best ones to work for anyway if they are that judgemental about that from years ago they will certainly be about how you look after their children

Annie_T
09-01-2009, 11:24 PM
hun you were 16 ...you were young, prob nieve (is that how you spell it?) and didnt think anything of it as such as the time.

I wouldnt worry if i was a parent coming to see you and saw it id think so what you were 16 .... your a grown woman now so know better x

donnadoo2004200
09-01-2009, 11:26 PM
The worst thing is I cant even remember doing it (old age) I suppose.I absolutely adore looking after children as I did bringing up my own 4. I think im ready to cry.

mabel
09-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Don't panic !! or get upset

we all have skeletons in the cupboard, and I have never had to show my
CRB to anyone especially not a parent.

my son is 19 and at 14 got 'dared' to break in somewhere by his so called
girlfriend.....he did got caught....got cautioned

(bes thng that could have happened)

anyway recently applied for job to work with children (I already had CRB for him being a minder) we were honest put it all down on the application form,
it came up in the interveiw he felt embarressed to, but also felt able to
talk about the shame,regret and how he turned his life round

so treat it as a positive........YOU CHANGED FOR THE BETTER !
look how brilliant you turned out, be proud, don't feel bad it is too long ago

rickysmiths
09-01-2009, 11:48 PM
The worst thing is I cant even remember doing it (old age) I suppose.I absolutely adore looking after children as I did bringing up my own 4. I think im ready to cry.

It was a long time ago and its not significant enough to have stopped your registration. Anyway I dont have a crb Had a police check through social services when I registered in 1994. Thought OFSTED would do a crb when they took over in 2001 and they didnt, Ive had 4 OFSTED inspections now and had countless parents on my books and no one has ever asked to see it.

My advice put it in your ' For OFSTED only to see folder' dont even mention it at interviews with parents. If someone askes just say you have to be crb checked without it you couldnt be registered. They will prob be OK if that rare person actually asks to see it then show it and explain if necessary.

Dont worry it wont be a problem.

littlestar
10-01-2009, 01:10 AM
i have never showed my crb to anyone it is in my parent pack but no one has ever looked at it i wouldnt worry big hugs

Blaze
10-01-2009, 01:36 AM

Are you sure you did then? Could it be an error? If not then I really wouldn't worry..we have all done things that we're not proud off. :)

Tatia
10-01-2009, 07:42 AM
I never show my CRB to parents anyway. If OFSTED is still happy to vet you then it's okay.

jellytot
10-01-2009, 10:25 AM
i also have never shown my crb to anyone, i wouldn't worry about it.

Lottie
10-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Are you sure this isn't an error on their part if you can't remember doing it?
Maybe you should query it.

I wouldn't worry too much, like most of the other girls, I can't remember being asked by a parent to see my crb.

donnadoo2004200
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks for all your support everyone. I will put it in the ofsted folder.

Mollymop
10-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh hun! Don't worry that was years ago! I doubt any parents will be put off by this. My hubby's says that he stole a bike when he was 17, but that was years ago too and no one seems fazed by it.
Anyway, I doubt many parents will really check it to be honest. I keep my crb's in my policies folder and the parents have a look though the folder but none really pay any attention to my disclosure form.
DOn't worry

Alibali
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I've never been asked for my crb (enhanced disclosure we call them up here in sunny Scotland) We have to have one to become registered and the parents see your registration so therefore know that Ofsted see you as fit to be a registered childminder.

Unless specifically asked by a parent I would not mention it.

sarah707
10-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Family CRBs are at the back of my parents information folder.

I'm not sure any parents have ever waded that deeply through my paperwork to find them! :laughing:

Bex1
10-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh I wouldn't worry about it, it was done when you were 16 and I doubt whether any of your parents will notice it.

ajs
10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
like ricky smith i had never been crb'd as i registered before they were even done
i was police checked but there was no paperwork to show anyone back then
i have done one now privately and for my own peace of mind and just in case anyone every did ask to see it but i have never been asked by anyone if they can see it.

don'ty worry too much about it as has been said if ofsted think it's ok for you to register then it's fine

FizzysFriends
10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Also, forgot to say if you remember nothing of the event then I would ask parents/siblings if they remember it and if nobody does that question it with the CRB.