PDA

View Full Version : non payment

peanuts
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
some of you might remember i mentioned last week about a family not paying me for some weeks, giving short notice of time off, ect. mum spoke to me today to say that she is really struggling for money at moment and that it was someone else paying me as her grant for childcare help from the college has not came through yet, she applied in the summer. partner has now stopped paying maintenance also, i felt so guilty giving her her invoice for this month so that i can get payment on monday.
karen

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry you still not have been paid Karen and I think you have been very patient

Her problems though are not yours

Dont feel guilty you have done the job so you deserve to get paid

Hope you get it sorted soon

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Have to agree with Angel here.

We are a business and not a charity. She needs to get her house in order and I am sure the tax credits she is using your ofsted number for are rolling in as normal.

mabel
09-01-2009, 11:07 PM
feel for you

I too have someone owing me November and December fees about £250
she sent her son roung Monday to tell me she has a new job and does not need me anymore!

Schnakes
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Heres what I do when payment is late more than once:

* letter goes out saying "I want my money by x date" in flowery language

if no joy I then send out some thing along the lines of

* Im writing to you again to remind you of the agreement we made regarding payment (quote contract). If payment is not made by x I will consider that a breach of our contract has been made and will terminate our contract with x weeks notice. If payment is made but I need to remind you again I will have no choice but to terminate our contract. (Again, in flowery language). If payment has not been made I will persue the matter through the small claims court.

I absolutley will not tolerate people messing me around over money. Apart from anything else, I find it embaressing to have to pester people, and for that reason alone I would take the above course of action.

If somebody comes to me and says (as happened recently) "S - Im having problems with money, can I pay you on x date" I have no problem - so long as the money is paid. Apart from that - if you dont give me my money then Im not taking your child. I learnt the hard way to be a nasy piece of works when it comes to money, and I think you'll find that a lot of other people on here would say the same. And I'll tell you something else - its only ever when Ive taken pity on someone that Ive been screwed over the most. To quote Elkie Brookes - No more the fool!!!

Good luck,
Sx

rickysmiths
09-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I had one of these in my experience if the college is helping the money is paid direct to you and on time
.I had one a couple of years ago kept fobbing me off so after a week when she arrived on the monday with no money I made it very clear no money (in cash) on Tuesday morning I would consider that she had broken the terms of the contract, therefore no contract -no insurance cover so I would not be able to take her child. Never saw her again, wasnt out of pocket cause I had her depoit and I reacted to the situation quickly.

She was taking the peeeee .
she started with another childminder who I knew(Iwarned her to be careful without being too sepcfic) 3months later she did the same thing to her but the childminder had not taken a deposit because she got a sob sorry about being let down by her cm(ha Ha these people) and she let the non payment go on lot longer she ended up £1000 out of pocket.

WE ARE IN BUSINSS TO EARN MONEY TO PAY OUR OWN BILLS WE ARE NOT A CHARITY

I work from7.15am to 6.pm 5 days a week plus all the prep paperwork etc and I will not work for free. If a parent comes to me with a specfic problem I will often bend over backwards to help but I will not be taken for a ride.

peanuts
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
thanks for all your replys
will see what happens next week.

karen

Mollymop
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Good luck Karen, but don't feel guilty about it. I hope you get your money soon. x

Alibali
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I know you must really be feeling for the family, but you and yours must be a priority, stay strong