PDA

View Full Version : Excitement shortlived :(

Buzz Lightyear
09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
The potential has just text to say thanks but she can't afford me even though she left saying she wanted me :(

Oh well... funnily enough, two minutes before she text, I was talking to DH and was saying something didn't feel right and how I wasn't too excited as I imagined myself to be. Just goes to show I guess but doesn't stop me from feeling deflated.

Now questioning whether I did something wrong :(

berkschick
09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I doubt that you did anything wrong. Is like anything in life, you win some and you loose some. Look at it as good experience of meeting parents etc, I found that really daunting when I was first registered!

crazybones
09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry it didnt work out but you will learn this happens a lot and it is nothing to do with you. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and put this down to experience. It has probably nothing to do with you at all and you will have more experience now of interviewing parents. You are lucky she actually let you know so quickly and didnt leave you hanging. Onwards and upwards. :thumbsup:

sue m
09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Me too Ellie. It won't be anything to do with you as Anne-Marie says. Just a shame it was your first one.

Spangles
09-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear this.

It won't have been anything to do with you because she wouldn't have said she wanted you, she'd have just said she'd have to think about it or something.

Don't worry, more will turn up.

xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't think you did anything wrong. I think 1 of 2 things happened here:

1. She said she wanted you for your Ofsted number (the cynic in me!)

2. She left you and went to see someone else - who either she preferred or more likely was cheaper.

I thought it was suspect when you said that the child wasn't with her.

The next one will be around the corner.

misst104
09-01-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think you did anything wrong. I think 1 of 2 things happened here:

1. She said she wanted you for your Ofsted number (the cynic in me!)

2. She left you and went to see someone else - who either she preferred or more likely was cheaper.

I thought it was suspect when you said that the child wasn't with her.

The next one will be around the corner.

Sorry to jump in here but why would she be wanting the Ofsted number from Ellie??

crazybones
09-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Sorry to jump in here but why would she be wanting the Ofsted number from Ellie??

To claim tax credits.

Buzz Lightyear
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Oooh really.... cheeky begger! x

crazybones
09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Never give your reg number out until you have contract signed and deposit in your hand. A long time ago when I didnt know about Tax credits childcare bit I was stung by this. Well not me personally but people scamming Tax credits via my number. :angry:

Mollymop
09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Don't worry you did nothing wrong!
I have had this before.
I hate it though, as they know what oyu charge so why bother coming round.

The parent never bought her kids into the house, like your didn't, they actually stayed on the car and all she did was look at my policies, was nice enough, then she went and phoned me a few day leter to say that she couldn't afford me and the kiddies were gonna stay at the after-school club(which only charged £15 for a whole day in the holidays)

DOn't worry, there will be more parents about. And don't htink that it is somehting you did wrong, it is more than likely the ignorant parents have a problem with the cost and would rather ask family or friends, etc. xx

balloon
09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I know this probably feels bad right now but it could be a good thing...

She sat in your home today slating all the other childminders and nurseries she'd seen - she could in time have done the same thing to you.

A lucky escape probably, somebody good will come soon.

xx

Buzz Lightyear
09-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Some really good replies and advice here ladies, thanks, means a lot.

Awh, what would I do without you all?? :blush:

Chrissy B
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry it didn't work out but like others have said probably for the best. I hope you get some mindees soon.

rickysmiths
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I never give my Ofsted no. to anyone who hasnt signed a contract all my paerwork including the copy of my cert that i show at interview stage has had the no. removed.
Had my fingers burnt in the early days and one parent who got me to fill in the old forms for childcare payment help then left me after a week but carried on claiming the benifit on my details then I had IR on my back cause they thought I'd earned more than I had.

mum22
09-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Like as has been said, look at it as a learning experience of dealing with propesctive parents and you will have gained at least something, Keep smiling something will turn up:thumbsup:

nell57
09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry it didn't work out this time. I am a firm believe that things happen for a reason and it wasn't meant to be. But it will happen for you, just hang in there:thumbsup

Sarah555
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear this as you seemed excited before hand, but as you said after to your DH you didn't feel right about her then it's probably for the best, there will be more I'm sure
Good Luck :thumbsup:
Sarah

ruby
09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
sorry it didn't work out for you but hopefully you will soon have lots more phone calls

cathy

Bex1
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
sorry to hear that.

I am worried now as I am advertising at a local school and they wanted my reg number so I put it on the poster! So do you think I should resend another one with an email attached saying can they put new one up without my reg number? I am new to this and therefore nieve to think people can be cheeky beggers and claim money from tax credits.

Also I had a telephone enquiry from a mum who wanted me to have her kids from 6.30 am to around 5pm ish full time and when I told her my rate she said that I was too expensive and that my hourly rate should be for both kiddies and not individual....it would not be worth me working if I did that!

Buzz Lightyear
12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I would be tempted hun yes, I must admit, it's made me very wary now!

How dare the parent say that. She'll probably find she comes across the same problem wherever she goes!

rickysmiths
12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
sorry to hear that.

I am worried now as I am advertising at a local school and they wanted my reg number so I put it on the poster! So do you think I should resend another one with an email attached saying can they put new one up without my reg number? I am new to this and therefore nieve to think people can be cheeky beggers and claim money from tax credits.

Also I had a telephone enquiry from a mum who wanted me to have her kids from 6.30 am to around 5pm ish full time and when I told her my rate she said that I was too expensive and that my hourly rate should be for both kiddies and not individual....it would not be worth me working if I did that!

The local school has no reason to need you number on a advert take in down and do one without. Explain to the school that people can claim tax credits with your number (a school number wouldnt be used for these cause a parent doesnt pay fees to the school) and if a parent comes to see you they will see your reg cert on the wall or they can check with CIS or OFSTED.

It really anoyes me when these people ask us to do things like this.

What a load of TOSH and let her find any self respecting cm who will charge one hourly fee for two, especialy a full day, after all they are taking up two full time spaces.

I had a mum sign a contract last Friday for 2 children after school, Each child has a seperate contract, seperate info sheet and consent form and she is paying £5ph each ie£10per hour to me and she asked if she could pay me up to half term in one lump!!!!