PDA

View Full Version : registering now but inspection can be in 2 to 4 weeks ( help)

mozarella
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi,

I am a newbie in the process of sending my application, we still have some work to do in the house ( putting laminate flooring and sorting out the play room on top of all the other child proof requirements) without mentioning understanding the EYFS pack. But it says on the form they can visit 2 to 4 weeks after the application form is recieved the documents recieved.

No Way we will be ready by then as i still have to writte all the policies and other documents but if i wait until the house is all done then I will never be ready on time to open the business ( I am currently on maternity leave and hoping to get all set up by April)

What would you do? wait or just send the form and see when they will want to inspect me ?

Thanks

Moz

FizzysFriends
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Your home doesn't have to be perfect for the pre-reg, as long as you show them that you understand what needs to be done.

I had bear plasterboard, rad pipes sticking out and stuff like that. I just wrote a play for each room and when the work was going to be done (all work was planned to be completed within a couple of weeks).

Annie_T
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
dont panic hun. you home dont have to be finish as long as you have an action plan for the things that need doing they happen (ie fit cupboard locks.. to be completed it 1 week/date .. hope you under stand that)

They are there to help you not judge you or the house hun

breezy
09-01-2009, 06:14 PM
as said before, you just need to explain whats going to be done and that you understand what you have to do

jibberjitz
19-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I would just explain at your pre-reg visit, I'm sure there are alot of people not quite ready at that stage. I still need to get our kitchen finished but waiting for DH to get on with it is frustrating:angry:

Liz

misst104
19-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I would just explain at your pre-reg visit, I'm sure there are alot of people not quite ready at that stage. I still need to get our kitchen finished but waiting for DH to get on with it is frustrating:angry:

Liz

He is probably too tired ( or is that just his excuse!!!!!!!!) :laughing:

Bitsy Beans
19-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I am a newbie in the process of sending my application, we still have some work to do in the house ( putting laminate flooring and sorting out the play room on top of all the other child proof requirements) without mentioning understanding the EYFS pack. But it says on the form they can visit 2 to 4 weeks after the application form is recieved the documents recieved.

No Way we will be ready by then as i still have to writte all the policies and other documents but if i wait until the house is all done then I will never be ready on time to open the business ( I am currently on maternity leave and hoping to get all set up by April)

What would you do? wait or just send the form and see when they will want to inspect me ?

Thanks

Moz

It says 2-4 weeks but when I applied it was just one week. I've been up most nights til after midnight trying to get all my paperwork in order. People have said the pre reg visit isn't that much to be wary of (it's all the ones that come after :laughing: )
Good luck getting everything done.

By the way do you frequent a certain wedding website in addition to this one?? Sorry not being a stalker (I promise - honest!) but if you do you will know me as Jenbo. If you don't then feel free to ignore the loon in the corner :laughing:

angeldelight
20-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx