PDA

View Full Version : So many enquiries .....

LittleMissSparkles
09-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Is it just me or is it that time of the year .... I have had loads of phone calls and emails for childcare over the last few weeks, 5 calls in the last 3 days alone....

1 was for 18 week old baby full time so im gutted i cant do that :o(
1 was for 2 yr old 3 days a week cant do that either :o(
1 was for 3 years old for one month only 3 days a week
3 after school collection but im full after school

1 for school holiday care for 2 girls ( aged 6 and 10 ) 3 days a week , parent comin to see me after 6 tonight

I have never ever had sooo many enquiries

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Thats good news Susan

I have had a few calls but all age 2 and only for a few hours so no good to me

Angel xx

crazybones
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Lucky you. Seems quiet around here.

LittleMissSparkles
09-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I wouldnt mind but when i was strugglin i had no calls whatso ever no im happy with the kids ive got the phone hasnt stopped this last few weeks why is that !!!!!!!!!!

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I wouldnt mind but when i was strugglin i had no calls whatso ever no im happy with the kids ive got the phone hasnt stopped this last few weeks why is that !!!!!!!!!!

That is just typical

Angel xx

murphy61
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Thats good.

lucky you, i have 4 vacancies avaiable (have since beginning of december) and i havn't had 1 enquiry.

emler
09-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I've had 3 enquiries lately too which I've had to turn down as I'm happy with my numbers right now & don't want to take on any more.

fionamal
09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Thats just typical.

Im the same today, had 3 enquieries and can take them all if they want me as im really quiet at the moment

jellytot
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
its been quiet here

crazybones
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Lucky you. Seems quiet around here.

OK since I posted that I have been up to school and had to turn down a full-timer and, therefore, his brother after school :rolleyes: :laughing:

jellytot
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
OK since I posted that I have been up to school and had to turn down a full-timer and, therefore, his brother after school :rolleyes: :laughing:

lol wonder if my post will also bring me luck :laughing:

jaz
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Send them my way please :clapping:

J
x

Angela234
09-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Strange how it goes isn't it Susan

I had 2 week before christmas and 2 since i am taking on 1 little boy 20 months only 2 afternoons fortnightly which is fine with me so every other week i'll just have 2 afternoons instead of 3. So i'm full most times now

Hope it goes well tonight

Angela

Mollymop
09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
That's great S, I am advertising "no vacancies" at the moment, sO I ahve had no enquiries, so not sure if there is a lot of work out there or not. but I guess so, as everyone around here seems full at the moment.

I hope the parent meeting goes well tonight,. x

sarah32
09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I know what you mean, its gone mad today for calls.:)

Ive had no calls for a couple of months and today ive had two calls, one for 10 months old and other for 2 brothers 13 weeks and 23 months.

Sadly im full and have no vacancies for under five, put 2nd person down on my waiting list as not wanted till april and you never know what could happen between now and april.:D

gemhei
09-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Haha well if you look at my other thread youll see ive had a few enquiries but i couldnt take them, since ofsted changed my registration so i could have more, not one, not a sausage. Typical.

Spangles
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I had one just before Christmas which I didn't want to do and that's it for months and months!

Jules12Wed
09-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm full thankfully but if I wasn't not had a call since goodness knows when. Just taken on twin girls but that was via childminder friend giving up.

mandy moo
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Been quiet here too..
Although saying that, have just taken on siblings (part time) that will start, on the 19th so I will have 4 under 5s, one just starting reception class that week however, so she will be an after schooler.
Plus my 2 boys Ive been told Im mad, but knew that any way..lol

berkschick
09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I have had 3 calls this week despite advertising no under 5 vacancies. People are desperate, there is not enough of us round here!

I have a before/after school space though but they are very hard to fill as the local schools all have cheap clubs!

Good luck with the parent, let us know how you get on!

marion123
09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
im full but i havent had any phone calls here for i cant remember

Shirlwith3
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
I Know what you mean
I had 2 before xmas
3 1/2 yr old full time - still waiting to hear back
7 month 3days going on to full time - gone to someone else

2 days before new years eve
3 1/2 yr old full time - coming on Monday morning

Wed this week I have had
7 month old - shift work hours - came the same day waiting to hear back ( mum was concerned about my cats)

7 month old - part tiem coming Monday afternoon

I am now going on the the frist sign contract gets the spaces

So fingers crossed I get 2 contracts sing very soon

shirl

LittleMissSparkles
10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
just thought id let you know how last night went ...

mum waslovelyworks at corus and was after 3 days a week, 9am till 3pm for her 2 girls aged 6 and 10

she said she had been to see someone elarlier that day and although the girls liked it she said the minder smoked and she could smell it in the house and onher and she didnt like that, I told her i smoked but didnt smoke in my house or around my children and never smoke when im working and she said she wouldnt haveknow soi think that was good, i have to be honest with her.

i said I would require payment on the monday of each week of care commenced in advance iyswim and she would have to book for all school hols even though she said she wouldnt need care at christmas I said she would still have to pay for the 6 yr old place to be kept does that make sence ?

will see if i hear from her again, to be honest im not too bothered as im earning enoughand am happy withmy numbers at the moment x

sskent08
10-01-2009, 10:06 AM
hello

for those like my self not getting many inquries:(

i have just typed in google childminder and where i live, looked at what comes up and added my ad to those sites:idea:

hope it helps

x

Lottie
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I have had a few enquiries over the past couple of weeks. I have had to put a no vacancies on my website. I also have a waiting list now.

PixiePetal
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
My 3 day week child is going down to 2. Thought I would start looking for replacement as another child cut a day to add on for nursery in sept and not replaced him so I am two days down IYSWIM.

A teacher with 2 under 3 has come to me needing 2 days ( highly recommended by someone :D ) and I have had to ask another parent if she could swap her morning to fit them in ( or I would have to give notice, hoped it would not come to that)

All looks sorted. Not lost my morning child, just swapping into the place of the one dropping a day and bumped my money up considerably.

Then near neighbour, (who I don't really know personally just to say hello to) rang the doorbell last night to see if I still had spaces as she needs 4 days for her baby as a friend has let her down. Had to say no, sorry but if anything falls through I would get back and see if she still needed someone.

All go round here !!!!

Best bit is all of them are term time only and pay retainer (so get the odd day) and I still can have my over 8's, who I had as toddlers, in hols if they need me.

Bit of a waffle there, but I am so chuffed that it is all working out( fingers crossed) :thumbsup:

loobyloo168
10-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I have been registered since Aug 08 and have never had a call, my only mindee who is an after schooler three times a week came via the poster in my window.

CIS are useless, my details keep falling off the childcare link website and theres a different excuse each time i call them, they have put my number on wrong god knows how many times and even put my old home number on even though i told them to only use my mobile.

Im giving it until September 2009 then im gonna go back to work as DD will start school nursery part time.

Just seems theres no one to help around here, theres two nurserys round here ones always full and the other one where we go to stay and play is also empty (they only have one child). So it seems like there just no need for me round here.

Sob sob .... :crying:

Chimps Childminding
10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Not had a call since I don't know when!!!!:crying: Hopefully things will pick up as I have one starting school and one possibly starting nursery full time in September so I will have to seriously consider doing something else if I haven't got any children lined up to fill those spaces by then, plus the spaces I already have!!!!! Can feel Tesco's calling :panic: :panic:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I have had a few this past week and other cm in my area have had calls as well but I am full at the moment.