PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangements

patevans
09-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Where do you put the children down to sleep?Mine currently sleep in buggies.....is this ok with the EYFS police?

rickysmiths
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Where do you put the children down to sleep?Mine currently sleep in buggies.....is this ok with the EYFS police?

All my house is registered. SO for example at the moment I have 1 x.16mth asleep in a travel cot upstairs in my bedroom, 1x2.5yrs asleep in a travel cot upstairs in the spare bedroom and a 3yr upstairs in a buggy (thats where she asked to sleep)in my sons bedroom.

Most often the 3yr sleeps in a 'Ready Bed' an inflatable bed with a removable cover, then she sleeps in the living room downstairs. I only have children who cant escape so to speak upstairs. I use a baby monitor which picks up any disturbance to be honest if they are all asleep like now the house is so quiet i hear anyway but I do check on them every 15 mins.

I must say my pref is to sleep them in cots if I can guess I;m old fashioned but I feel they have a more comfortable sleep. I know plenty of cm that only use buggies for sleep very successfully surely the most important thing is that they can have a good quiet sleep.?

In fact just rermembered one cm I met has sleeping mats she puts on her living room floor all the kids all ages sleep at the same time no curtains closed, she had some pics and they all looked really cosy.

Goes to show do what suits you and yours the best.

ruby
09-01-2009, 03:01 PM
mine sleep on the ready beds but the younger one sleeps in the buggy

i just got premisssion from the parents saying this was alright

cathy

sue m
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I've got a travel cot in the back spare bedroom so P sleeps in there. The inspector said very nice!? I also showed Mum and Dad where she was sleeping. I always show them the parts of the house the kids will be using and if they ring up and I say she's in bed, they can picture her in their head. I've had them sleeping in a buggy or a car seat but that was before the dreaded ofsted came along.

crazybones
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
If they sleep in a buggy you need written permission from parents. Our local early years told us this and my inspector asked to see it when she came.

rickysmiths
09-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Interesting. One of mine went to bed when my inspector was here and the inspector followed me upstairs and watched me put her to bed she woss checking that the child was securely strapped in all was fine and she didnt mention permission forms is the a new one wirh EYFS?

sarah32
09-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I have one mindee that sleeps in travel cot in my bedroom and other two sleep in my dining room on ready made bed that mum supplied.

crazybones
09-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Interesting. One of mine went to bed when my inspector was here and the inspector followed me upstairs and watched me put her to bed she woss checking that the child was securely strapped in all was fine and she didnt mention permission forms is the a new one wirh EYFS?

No my inspection was in March. It is to do with research on babies backs and sleeping in the buggy or something.

madasahatter
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Depends on the child. Over the years they have slept in a bed in the spare room, travel cot, car seat and pushchair, depending on the child's needs and where they slept the best. Out of preference I like them to sleep in a travel cot or spare bed upstairs, but for some children they don't settle there. I discuss it with parents and we agree on suitable sleeping arrangements.
Currently I only have one who needs naps and she is happy in the travel cot so that's great. But the last two wouldn't sleep upstairs, so one slept in a car seat and the other in the pushchair.
Ofsted inspector asked me about sleeping arrangements in my inspection in December but she didn't ask for written proof of parental permission.

breezy
09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I usually use travel cot in my room, however mindee i have at the moment sleeps in pushchair as she loathes travel cots, I too have written permission as I read I needed it on here

Jules12Wed
09-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh Am I the only one that puts them to sleep on the sofa. I have twins on one sofa up opposite ends and the other one on the other sofa. Is this ok to put them on sofa?

mandy moo
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
All my house is registered. SO for example at the moment I have 1 x.16mth asleep in a travel cot upstairs in my bedroom, 1x2.5yrs asleep in a travel cot upstairs in the spare bedroom and a 3yr upstairs in a buggy (thats where she asked to sleep)in my sons bedroom.

Most often the 3yr sleeps in a 'Ready Bed' an inflatable bed with a removable cover, then she sleeps in the living room downstairs. I only have children who cant escape so to speak upstairs. I use a baby monitor which picks up any disturbance to be honest if they are all asleep like now the house is so quiet i hear anyway but I do check on them every 15 mins.

I must say my pref is to sleep them in cots if I can guess I;m old fashioned but I feel they have a more comfortable sleep. I know plenty of cm that only use buggies for sleep very successfully surely the most important thing is that they can have a good quiet sleep.?
In fact just rermembered one cm I met has sleeping mats she puts on her living room floor all the kids all ages sleep at the same time no curtains closed, she had some pics and they all looked really cosy.

Goes to show do what suits you and yours the best.

You and Me both, My own 2 boys always slept in their cots and I also think they sleep better that way (In my opinion),
However, my 16 mth old mindee sleeps in his buggy outside at his house!, and as mum (she is from Norway) does, I try to do the same here, unless the weather is diabolical.

mandy moo
09-01-2009, 07:19 PM
If they sleep in a buggy you need written permission from parents. Our local early years told us this and my inspector asked to see it when she came.

It was mindees sleep time when they (inspector and her manager) came to grade me, I mentioned this was what mum does (he sleeps outside in the buggy, ) It was never questioned..
Why is it they (the inspectors) can not all have the same list of questions they have to ask, and not all have 'Their Own' views on things?