PDA

View Full Version : I am new

mozarella
09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi,

After working as in IT recruitment consultant and having my first baby boy born in August I have decided to register as a childminder so I can enjoy looking after my baby while earning money and helping families with childcare services.

I am currently doing a childminding course which will be followed by a 21 hours first aid training. I am also in the process of sending my application.

I am really excited but the paperwork aspect is worrying me, there is so much invloed with policies, risk assessements, child protection etc that I am even lost on were to start and worried i will not rememeber everything about EYF.

Is it normal to feel that way?

Moz

Pauline
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I am really excited but the paperwork aspect is worrying me, there is so much invloed with policies, risk assessements, child protection etc that I am even lost on were to start and worried i will not rememeber everything about EYF.

Moz

You must be so worried Moz, you have already forgotten the 'S' from EYFS :laughing:

Seriously though - yes it is normal to feel this way. Even now after 25 years minding it is the paperwork that worries me the most.

But the best thing is you have come to the right place, we are all here to help you and will answer your questions and give you all the help we can. So don't despair.

:)

mandy moo
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi
You'vefound the bes t site ever,
Would just like to say theres always some one around that will give their experience, opinion, advice etc.
The bromley site is good two for looking andadapting your own policies etc
www.bromleycma.org.uk

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Hello and welcome

Angel xx

mozarella
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Thank you ! I am sure I will have plenty of questions to ask you !

breezy
09-01-2009, 06:38 PM
hi and welcome :)

sue m
09-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi and welcome. A lot of us are terrified when we see what paperwork we have to do - me too! I was a childminder in 1987 and we didn't have to do any of it, went back in 2007 and it terrified me but this site and the girls really help enormously. Didn't stop me being in a hot sweat or a panic for months but take a deep breath and look at everything on the forum, which will take you weeks and ask questions and you will be fine. Specially a clever girl like you lol. You are perfectly normal. But you won't be for long when you get on this forum!!! :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi and welcome

It must be really daunting for someone coming into this profession.

I have been childminding since 1993 and am still trying to get my head around everything. I keep evaluating and the paperwork is evolving every time I look at it (bit like a Pokemon my 8 year old tell me!!)

But seriously, hang in there and after your training I am sure it will make sense and fall into place.

21 hours first aid is excessive - haven't heard of anyone doing more than 12. Enjoy!!

misst104
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi there, I am in the process of registering and I feel the same way. There does seem like a lot to begin with but there is LOADS of advice on this forum. You will find answers to almost everything here and everyone is really friendly :) x x x