PDA

View Full Version : started childminding

hayley.acton
09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
hi everyone im struggling to get any children ive been registerd 3 months now and had hardly any enquiries has anyone got any suggestions. i live in the binley area of covenrty thanks ********:(

FizzysFriends
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Where have you adveritised so far?

hbomb1
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Have you advertised in your local schools, nurseries etc. ocal shops windows are a good way of advertising too.

Pipsqueak
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't give up hope yet hun. My particular area of town is saturated with minders and we are all struggling for work.

Keep your listing with CIS up to date (keeps you name at the top of the list if you ring them every couple of weeks)

Have a bag, logo, badge that advertises you are a minder

Get flyers out to local playgroups, toddlers - ANYWHERE where parents go with children - health visitor, doctor surgery, chemist

Flyer local companies and ask them to put it up on their notice boards

Get to gether with some other minders at a local school that you pick up from and get a professionally made flyer to be distributed to parents (if school won't put it in the kids bags stand outside the school gates and hand people a leaflet)

Flyer nurseries and church groups, brownies, scout groups, soft play areas leaflets up in local shops etc.

Find a particular selling point about yourself - do you offer earlier or later than "norm" hours, weekends, short term contracts, rates, large garden, own vegetable patch something anything to make you stand out.

Make it a point to tell at least one (new) person everyday that you are a minder (and have some business cards to hand)

Try advertising on Netmums

murphy61
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
hi i live in bell green coventry and i'm the same i havn't had any enquiries since november and i'm despearate to fill at least.

so your not alone .

Chrissy B
09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't give up hope yet hun. My particular area of town is saturated with minders and we are all struggling for work.

Keep your listing with CIS up to date (keeps you name at the top of the list if you ring them every couple of weeks)

Have a bag, logo, badge that advertises you are a minder

Get flyers out to local playgroups, toddlers - ANYWHERE where parents go with children - health visitor, doctor surgery, chemist

Flyer local companies and ask them to put it up on their notice boards

Get to gether with some other minders at a local school that you pick up from and get a professionally made flyer to be distributed to parents (if school won't put it in the kids bags stand outside the school gates and hand people a leaflet)

Flyer nurseries and church groups, brownies, scout groups, soft play areas leaflets up in local shops etc.

Find a particular selling point about yourself - do you offer earlier or later than "norm" hours, weekends, short term contracts, rates, large garden, own vegetable patch something anything to make you stand out.

Make it a point to tell at least one (new) person everyday that you are a minder (and have some business cards to hand)

Try advertising on Netmums

I'm having a bit of a duh! brain tonight but i'm wondering how the flyers should look, after a few ideas i don't know where to start and i'm hoping to just do one or two possibles on my pc for in the future.