PDA

View Full Version : Recipie Ideas for Muslim Child Please

MrsT333
09-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Morning everyone

I have had a lovely 2yr girl start this week, but she doesnt eat pork, has anyone got any ideas for recipies (apart from the basic spag bol, roasts, cottage pie etc) that I can use for all my family as I dont want to be cooking lots of seperate meals.

Thank You

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Might be some ideas here

I had a muslim child for a while and this is where the parents told me to look
There are some good simple ideas

http://lezatfoods.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
What about chicken as that goes a long way with different recipies.

angeldelight
09-01-2009, 09:14 AM
To be honest I did not do lots of different things either

She did like rice a lot with chicken though - different flavoured rice which is not expensive at all

Plus fruit for after

I would just cook more or less what you eat yourself

Good luck

Angel xxx

Heaven Scent
09-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it - just cook as you normally would and on days when you have pork/ham/bacon just make sure you offer an alternative - and plan your menus so you offer these foods to your family on days when the child is not there. If you are making a sausage casserole jsut make sure you have some quorn or beef sausages and make up a separate small casserole at the same time - do the same everytime you are having pork think up an easy alternative or when cooking other foods do enough so that you can freeze a portion for use for this child when you are having pork/bacon/ham. or just give the child the vegetables - you can buy vegetable gravy to use with roast dinners - it will just take a small amount of forward planning and you will soon get into it.

cheers

sammy
10-01-2009, 12:20 AM
ive been looking into this too as i have a muslim baby that is starting to eat solids and so far the mum has provided food, but now he is starting to eat mashed stuff (hes 1 now) he will be eating what i do.

Hes only allowed halal meat, fish and vegetables, so i have to base my dinners around these.

I did however find halal mince and chicken (bit more expensive) in asda, which is what i will buy and add it to our meals.

but pasta with tuna and sweetcorn, scrambled egg, beans and toast, jkt pot with beans and cheese, fish fingers, or steamed fish and rice. Mashed potatoe with vegetables and fish or halal meat.

and as far as i know he can eat any pudding, but beware as some muslims dont want them to have a jelly because of the gellatine.

Hope this helps