PDA

View Full Version : How embarrasing!!!!

Jemima77
08-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I wasn't sure which subject to put this under so sorry if its in the wrong plac......After the park today we went to the local shop to buy some milk with my LO and mindee aged 3 and a half. The gentleman who served us was asian, which prompted my mindee to say in a really loud voice "you look like a gorilla"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not once but TWICE! The shop was really busy and I didnt know what to say as i was in shock. When we got outside I spoke to him about it and told him he musn't say things like that as it hurts peoples feelings. Not sure if he took it in though. Forgot to mention it to his Dad when he picked him up today as they were in a rush. Anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?? and any ideas on how I should have handled it. xx

SimplyLucy
08-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Personally I probably would have replied to the child "Oh no, gorrilas are really hairy live in the jungle or at the zoo, this is the nice man that helps us with our shopping."

Princess Sara
08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
at the cinema a few months ago my 4yo said, quite loudly, ''look mommy, that man has no hair!!'' and then proceeded to laugh, very loudly. DF had to talk to him about it bcause I was too busy trying not to laugh myself!. he had children with him though so i guess he's heard it all before.

Minstrel
08-01-2009, 05:39 PM
when i was heavily pregnant my son who was 2, pointed at a large lady in the queue behind us and shouted ' look mummy shes got a baby in her tummy like you!' i did more than go a little pink in the cheeks !:blush:

sarah707
08-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Mindee rushed up to someone in B&Q and shouted, very loudly, 'you're a witch!'

The lady (in a black hat, but no broomstick) was mortified and his father was beside himself.

Thank goodness I wasn't there!! :panic:

cuddlybunny38
08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
When my daughter was little she told a lady in tescos that mummy puts things in her bum( meaning tampons) I just died.(she is 19 now)

Spangles
08-01-2009, 06:53 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This thread has really made me laugh! No doubt my son will come up with some gems before he gets much older and I'll have to share them with you all then!

Tatia
09-01-2009, 07:15 AM
In The States, we say cents instead of pence, as in 20 cents or 99 cents. When DD (now 17) was 3 or 4, we were grocery shopping and she was whining for a chocolate bar. I sort of fibbd and said I hadn't any money and she asked how much it cost so I said 30 cents or whatever it was. SO she said Mommy, do you have 30 cents? No. Mommy, do you have 20 cents? No. Mommy, have you got 10 cents? No. Mommy, have you got 5 cents? No. MOMMY! Haven't you got any cents?! Absolutely everyone standing in the queue, including me, the cashier and other customers, all burst out laughing.:rolleyes:

I still remind her of that to this day. :laughing:

Annie_T
09-01-2009, 09:30 AM
ops. i hope he took it in hun.

While in town once (years ago now as was preg) i had my own son say.
'eww dirty' He was pointing to a black.
I just didnt know wht to do or say as he was only just over a year old .. i did tell my son 'he wasnt dirty, thats his skin colour'

Shirlwith3
09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
When my hubby took my oldest daughter to Kikfit she started to tug on Daddy saying " Daddy, daddy mini me" very loudly she was 4yrs old at the time the man she was talking about was about 4ft tall he then walked out but every one just tried not to laugh.
Then last year I was at the hospital with my youngest & oldest there was a west indian lady Isla looked round then said "mummy that lady has not had a wash" I then said to Isla " no Isla some people have differet coloured skin to us some are lighter some are darker"

Shirl

Schnakes
09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
My daughter drives me mad. This is quite an embaressing story actually.

Okay. One day a tampon I had used would not flush down the toilet so I covered it up with tissue and left it in the toilet, thinking the next person would use the toilet as usual, flush it and then it would go away. :blush: Gah! I cant belive Im telling you all this!

Anyway - the next person was my daughter (probably about 7 at the time). She went in, blew her nose, put the tissue in the toilet and flushed. For some reason she decided to watch the tissue flush down the toilet...of course, in all the swirling and whirling, my secret was revealed.

She STILL tells people (because she knows how embaressed I am about the whole thing I think) what happens. But because she doesnt really understand about tampons, she tells people that she saw my poo down the toilet and it looked like a teabag and it had string coming out of it!! And the more Im going "SHUT UP" through gritted teeth, the more she enjoys telling people. I cant tell you how awful it is!! I have tried to explin it to her (shes 9 now) but I think she thinks Im making it up or something. Its truly awful!!!

People - I need your sympathy!!! :laughing: :blush: :blush:

Sx

Hebs
09-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh schnakes that made me giggle

My daughter once asked a young black man if he was a doctor

Lol

acorns
09-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Mine have usually decided to start asking me about 'when you and daddy have that special cuddle you told me about' in a nice loud voice on the bus:blush: :blush:

gemhei
09-01-2009, 11:51 PM
When shopping my son (who was 3 at the time) pointed to an asian woman in a hijab and shouted 'look mummy a robber!' eveeryone turned round to see this 'robber' then looked at me :blush: :blush: We live in multicutural bradford so hes seen lots of asian women before and we talked about their dress. Kids eh?

haribo
10-01-2009, 08:21 AM
when my eldest daughter was about 3 we were shopping in town and we saw a small lady ( not sure if we say dwarf these days sorry) she stared in amazement then piped up " oh look mummy theres a baby lady " i was mortified but the lady gave me a nice smile :blush: and wenever i see a small person i remember that day -shes 20 now lol

sammy
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
i remember telling my son who was always going on about mcdonalds, if you eat too much you will get fat.

Well there was a rather large man in the street and my son piped up mummy hes eaten too much macdonalds! he was only 3 at the time

Also there was a lady walking in front of us with a large bottom!! my other son whos also 3, shouted out look mummy look at her bum, whilst he was laughing, the thing is every time i said sshhh, he shouted out louder, so i had to gag him and stand back till the lady went out of sight. lol

The most embarrasing moment for me, was when i went to a friends house and she was introducing me to her friends, she introduced her friend then the child. Anyway she came to this lady holding a baby and said this is blah blah and shes got (saying this really strange name never heard before) and i said o really whats that then ive never heard of that!! i was thinking it was some sort of condition that she had!! but it was her name!!! How i got out of that i never know!! but my god i was so embarrased

RedDragon
10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I remember years ago my little brother (now 35 and 6 foot 2) were with me and my mum shopping. Mum stopped to talk to a lady who lived in our street (posh accent, looked down her nose at us). She said hello but my brother refused to answer - "Why won't you say hello" she asked "Because I don't ****** like you" was his reply. :panic:

Not kids but still embarrassing I got on the bus and heard an elderly man speaking in an awful manner to a young asian lad - elderly man was hard of hearing so his voice was booming - after hearing what the older bloke was saying to him/at him the young lad ignored him - he said to the lad "What's up with you, can't you speak English" - as the lad got off the bus I made eye contact with him and he gave me such a great big grin and we both laughed. The lad most probably could speak 4 or more languages unlike the ignorant swine being rude.

Schnakes
11-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I remember two instances of being really embaressing for my mum..didnt realise it at the time, but now cringe!!

1. In the open showers in a French campsite going on and on at my mum "why have you got a hairy bottom???"

2. Also to my mum, in front of a room full of her friends "mummy - why have you got a mustouche?"!!!!

Poor mum! Still, karma has got me back by making me rather hirsute myself! :eek:

(Not as bad as her though, thank the lord! :cool: :littleangel: )

Sx

Pipsqueak
11-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Scnakes your earlier post on this thread made me laugh out loud. My older two - when they were about 3 and 5 got hold of my sanitary protection and decided to be mummies (as in eygptian) and stuck pads all over themselves and my youngest had a tampon up each nose! I nearly choked on my cuppa when they came ambling downstairs - my neighbour was here at the time.

My sister (who is 17 years older than me) - we used to go and stay with her when we were younger. A story sis relates about her friend who lived a few doors down -

she had the decorators in to do her bedroom and had moved everything out (as you do). Much stuff like clothes had been bundled into the airing cupboard. Her son then age 6 was looking for something and ended up looking in the airing cupboard - only to find a "rocket". (can you guess whats coming..... can you???) Came down stairs, very excited with his very authentic sound and action rocket and interupted mum who was in the kitchen with my sister..... and apparently her friend nearly died on the spot - son had only found her vibrator! My sister can't tell this story for crying. Worst thing was that son had gone and shown the decorators!

Mummits
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
My little darlings once stuck "paper aeroplanes", as they called my sanitary towels with wings, all over the bedroom window... and my eldest son once shouted out delightedly "oh look it's three witches!" when he saw three veiled asian women dressed in black coming towards us - I could only smile and hope they didn't speak English.

Andrea08
12-01-2009, 11:15 AM
OHHhh im almost wetting myself but my story not quite as funny as i was in our local chip shop when i turned to my mum and said quite loudly "mummy is this where they make the greasy chips?"
mum said nooo thats the other place we dont go to anymore and just smiled till i got home and then said im not allowed to go out with her for a week :laughing:

childmind04
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I was with my sis and niece who was about 3 at the time when this 6ft something balck guy got on the bus and sat behind us, he was huge and my niece kept looking at him, in the end she turned around to him and said in a quite voice "dont tell your mum you did'nt get washed this morning", well i just died, he went along with her and asked for a baby wipe for his face, which she gave him and even wiped his face, he then went on to explain its just the colour of his skin :blush:

The whole time i kept my head down faffing with my pram, my sis was ready to kill her :laughing:

chaotic_space
12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Personally I probably would have replied to the child "Oh no, gorrilas are really hairy live in the jungle or at the zoo, this is the nice man that helps us with our shopping."

Excellent response, unfortunately we are not always able to think on our feet due to shock or blushes!

One of my mindees had just learned the word penis and in the queue (why is it always in queues?) began reciting who she knew that did or did not have a penis. That wasn't so bad until she got to the end and said very loudly... Oh and you know what? My daddy has a very very big penis!! :blush:

RedDragon
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Again, an adult did this and not a child but thought I would share it. A friend of mine was at home, his work colleague knocked on the door for him (a middle aged woman) as he was about to leave he spotted a piee of string on her face - he told her to keep still while he removed it for her only to find that it was a huge hair attached to a mole :panic:

kindredspirits
12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
when i had only been minding for a few weeks one of my 4 1/2 year olds on the way home from school spotted a woman who regularly collects kids from the school - she's very shor iykwim. he burst out laughing, within ear shot of her and said 'eww she's short and fat' :panic: i decided at 4 1/2 he was old enough to get a telling off for that one! told him its mean to laugh at people and if he ever did it again he'd be on time out straight away. but i was mortified at the time.

Pipsqueak
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
OHHhh im almost wetting myself but my story not quite as funny as i was in our local chip shop when i turned to my mum and said quite loudly "mummy is this where they make the greasy chips?"
mum said nooo thats the other place we dont go to anymore and just smiled till i got home and then said im not allowed to go out with her for a week :laughing:

;) Thing is Andrea you have omitted to tell everyone that this was last week and you are not in your childhood anymore :laughing: (sorry hun -am going to run very very fast now):D

RedDragon
13-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I was booking a patient in once (used to work on A+E desk) Road traffic accident but he was walking wounded - I asked him what/where he had hurt and he told me - I said what about your face (as there were marks on it) he said "That's acne":blush:

Andrea08
13-01-2009, 02:44 PM
;) Thing is Andrea you have omitted to tell everyone that this was last week and you are not in your childhood anymore :laughing: (sorry hun -am going to run very very fast now):D

PMSL ok so when did monkey run off and you take over? lol did you find out if ur friend called her new rabbits after you? now hop along to an other thread ill follow ya xxx

mandy moo
14-01-2009, 10:11 AM
I've not stopped laughing and ive tears running down my face reading all your stories,
Thanks ladies for brightning up my day:clapping:

Andrea08
14-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I've not stopped laughing and ive tears running down my face reading all your stories,
Thanks ladies for brightning up my day:clapping:

your welcome mandy stick around have you looked in the JOKES section,?
i can only read a few b4 i start dripping pmsl lol

enjoy xx

Schnakes
16-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Again, an adult did this and not a child but thought I would share it. A friend of mine was at home, his work colleague knocked on the door for him (a middle aged woman) as he was about to leave he spotted a piee of string on her face - he told her to keep still while he removed it for her only to find that it was a huge hair attached to a mole

Hah! That must have been awful!!! Its stuff like this why I NEVER ask a lady if shes pregnant! She can tell me first!

Sx