PDA

View Full Version : sbs......spot the difference

Monkey1
08-01-2009, 02:12 PM
I keep looking for it and can't see it
https://www.sbs-educational.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=55&productId=305162&langId=-1&search=true

https://www.sbs-educational.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=55&productId=58094&langId=-1&search=true

I could do with one for the playroom, might as well get it now

crazybones
08-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Big difference. Do you really want to buy from SBS though :panic: They keep sending me invoices for stuff I have paid for. :rolleyes:

miffy
08-01-2009, 02:29 PM
After the fiasco with the kitchen I wouldn't deal with this company again.

They still keep sending me stuff too!

Miffy xx

Monkey1
08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I think i just got lucky last time! Fingers crossed its the same this time!

littletreasures
08-01-2009, 04:41 PM
The product code's different!!

Ones FN6199SL2
the others FN6199

Right, so what does the SL2 mean?

I would be very nervous ordering from this site. They don't make things clear in the catalogue either.

Looks quite good though

ajs
08-01-2009, 04:46 PM
i think sl is sale leaflet so it could be sale leaflet 2

i got their catalogue this week and it' s greatfor cutting up not ordering from them unless they mess up again.

i got two invoices when we bought the kitchens but nothing since
they took the money from my credit card so even if they invoice me again i am not sending any more

it's a good price if that's what you need may be worth getting it while it's on offer

Monkey1
08-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Lady on the phone said i couldn't order till monday with that code because thats when the sale starts.

PixiePetal
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I was lucky I guess with the cooker episode. Got the new catalogue today and may still be tempted with a few things. Love the 'creation station' just what i need.:)

Monkey1
08-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I am still waiting to get my new catalogue

RachelE
08-01-2009, 07:43 PM
After several phone calls, I am still waiting to get the money back for the cookers I didnt recieve.
I'm going to get nasty tomorrow!!

When the new catalogue arrived today, I too thought 'this will be good for cutting up!'

Dont think I'll use them again. I was tempted to ask if the company was in trouble as their communication was so rubbish and I didnt have my money!

SimplyLucy
08-01-2009, 08:07 PM
We have this sink unit at Pre-school, it's been a nightmare.

The piece that you squeeze keeps spliting making the whole unit useless.

After months of waiting for spare parts we managed to get a pump from our local garage, one used for sphoning (sp?) fuel. We have now bought a stock of them as they don't last long either!

Jen4Kids
08-01-2009, 08:13 PM
We also had this sink unit at our Preschool, and the red squeezy pump kept coming off in the childs hands which was a huge pain to keep re-attaching it :(

LittleMissSparkles
08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
After several phone calls, I am still waiting to get the money back for the cookers I didnt recieve.
I'm going to get nasty tomorrow!!

When the new catalogue arrived today, I too thought 'this will be good for cutting up!'

Dont think I'll use them again. I was tempted to ask if the company was in trouble as their communication was so rubbish and I didnt have my money!

that is disgusting they still have your money ............... they took mine out my account and after 8 weeks i rang to be told they had csncelled the order and hadnt realised they had already took my money

HAVE YOU NOTICED IN SALE LEAFLET COKKER IS ON IT FOR £48 !!!! thought they had no more stock and couldnt honour the orders..........

miffy
08-01-2009, 10:12 PM
HAVE YOU NOTICED IN SALE LEAFLET COKKER IS ON IT FOR £48 !!!! thought they had no more stock and couldnt honour the orders..........

I haven't seen that!!

Now I'm cross - going to have a look on line :angry:

Miffy xx

Peppa
08-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Crikey.... Don't think i'll be ordering out from them then! All sounds so negative!

Monkey1
09-01-2009, 06:16 AM
We have this sink unit at Pre-school, it's been a nightmare.

The piece that you squeeze keeps spliting making the whole unit useless.

After months of waiting for spare parts we managed to get a pump from our local garage, one used for sphoning (sp?) fuel. We have now bought a stock of them as they don't last long either!

Thank you for that....i think i will reconsider it now. Anybody got any good ideas?

miffy
09-01-2009, 08:14 AM
I think it was Manjay that bought a lovely sink unit from somewhere - don't know if that would be any good to you?

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
09-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Monkey, I have a small fold away table and a small plastic washing up bowl. I don't fill the bowl too much and the children emty the dirty water over the flower beds or down the drain in the back garden. All children I ever worked with took turns to wash up after snack - I still sneak them into the dishwasher because I don't normally use t-towels to dry up and the water temp doesn't meet requirements as per food hygiene cert. I don't mind because the children love feeling useful and I always sing their praises for their efforts.

Anyway between the cheap washing up liquid inexpensive table and washing up bowl it doesn't cost a fraction of that SBS thing and it doesn't take up so much space when not in use.

I also put a plastic mat under the table to catch any spills.

Well, that is what I used to do when I had children here now it all just stored.:panic: :panic: :panic:

Monkey1
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Celine! Don't get down babe! There will be something around the corner!

At the moment i use a washing up bowl that fits ontop of a small round bin, the children poor some water in and then when they have finished with it they tip it into the bin at the bottom we then use that water to flush the loo! Do you think Ofsted will be happy with that?

FizzysFriends
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Why do you need a portable sink? I have never come across these before.

Monkey1
09-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Because i work in the playroom (converted garage) and i use a port a loo.....or rather the kids do!

FizzysFriends
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Because i work in the playroom (converted garage) and i use a port a loo.....or rather the kids do!

Oh ok, im with you now.