PDA

View Full Version : Housing Association and childminding

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Anyone else home owned by berrybridge/riverside?

I'm waiting for them to say if i can Childmind from my home. I'm hoping and praying they say yes, but i'm scared incase they say no.

DudleyChildmind
08-01-2009, 12:10 PM
When my daughter moved into a privately rented house she wasn't allowed to childmind.

I wish you good luck :thumbsup:

snowbunny
08-01-2009, 12:14 PM
It depends on the lease. We have bought a flat and I've just been told I can't childmind - gutted.

Good luck though - I'm trying to appeal :)

rickysmiths
08-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Snowbunny who told you cant Childmind and on what grounds? I lived in a leasehold flat for 20yrs and childminded from it for 10 of them. I didnt think to ask anyone even thought the lease strictly said no business to be run as long as it doesnt cause a problem with the neighbours noise and the like what difference is their in cm and having a brood of your own children.

If no one complains who would bother to go to court to invoke terms in the lease? It is a very expensvie process even for freeholders and the chances of them getting a result is small courts are very reluctant to forfit leases even in extreme circumstances.

In my old flat we bought the freeholds of 292 flats with help and my husband and I were Directors on the board of the freehold company set up to manage our block and 2 others total of 75 flats.Believe me we wanted to forfit the leases of several of the flats but for very much more serious things that running a non intrusive cm business.

If you have a very long lease you may well have one share in the freehold company. If you do I would contact the board of directors and have a conversation with them. Even better volunteer to go on the board its not as mad as it sounds honest . But try and see if they will give written permiussion. I bet lot of your neighbours work from home in some form or another.

If I can help please feel free to pm me and I dont mind having a chat on the phone if you think it might help. Please dont give up people need good cm.