PDA

View Full Version : School Holiday Fees?

DudleyChildmind
08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
If a new parent needs childcare during school term but states at the initial meeting that they don't need childcare during school holidays do you charge a retainer fee or not?

I don't charge at the moment but I'm losing quite a lot of money so I might change the way I do my fees in the future and I just wondered what everyone else does?

angeldelight
08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I cant help sorry

I dont charge - there again im lucky enough to have other children who cover the times when other children are not here

I think If I were you I would charge a retainer - unsure how much though but im sure someone will give advice

Good luck

Angel xx

cher25
08-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I charge a retainer fee for a mindee i don't have in the holiday's, i was told to set it as half the normal fee. Hope that's helps.

FizzysFriends
08-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't charge, I like it being quiet when DD is off.

crazybones
08-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Dont charge and hope to fill with holiday only contracts. Sometimes works - sometimes (like Xmas) doesnt.

Donkey
08-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I have it in my policies that I charge 50% retainer fees in the holidays unless I get a holiday'er to cover the space, then I don't charge

getting them to pay it though is a nightmare :angry:

I relented over christmas, but I know we will be banging heads again at easter/half term

LittleMissSparkles
08-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I charge 50% retainer fee's for term time only contracts to cover school holidays, if a parent wants to booka place during school hols i ask for 4 weeks written notice providing their is a place available, if they dont give me 4 weeks notice they pay an overtime to contract rate HTH

Jules12Wed
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
When one on my mindees first came to me her Mum said it was term time only. I had decided I would charge 50% for the school holidays but before I could say anything she said to me what is it for the holidays 50%. I was really pleased I did not have to be the one to ask.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I cant help sorry

I dont charge - there again im lucky enough to have other children who cover the times when other children are not here

I think If I were you I would charge a retainer - unsure how much though but im sure someone will give advice

Good luck

Angel xx

I am with Angel here but a lot of people do charge a 50% retainer - remember though that you cannot then fill the space as it has to be available should it be required.