PDA

View Full Version : What do i need???

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Hi, i have my first 'Pathways sessions- steps to becoming a Childminder' tomorrow morning at 9 and i don't know what to take with me.

I was going to take a bottle of water, pens and paper does an A4 pad seem to big to take?

I'm so nervous.

DudleyChildmind
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Don't be nervous. I'm sure you will be fine and good luck :)

Minstrel
08-01-2009, 12:11 PM
i took a notebook but didnt need it. They give out lots of handouts for any infomation you might need. Perhaps a pen just to add to them anything you think you might forget, mist of all enjoy it and get chatting to ppl- make friends is the best thing i did there!:)

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I didn't realise that it's 4 hours with total strangers argh, hopefully i will make some friends or they beginning of some.
Gosh it's ten years since i've done anything like this. I need to remember to breathe.

Minstrel
08-01-2009, 04:28 PM
4 hours:eek: why so long?

my intro was about 1 hour maybe 1 and a half tops! goodness i might take a cushion to sit on too or you'll get numb bum!

Princess Sara
08-01-2009, 04:52 PM
mine was two hours, didn't need anything apart from a pen. it was mostly to meet other people doing the same thing.

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 05:50 PM
They said it's 9am-1pm this friday and friday 16th jan also the same times.

I will have the numbest bum going lol. I hope there's a break or two lol or i'm gonna get dead legs aswell.

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I eventually found the place where it's being held.
I'm starting to feel a little easier about tomorrow now but i know i'm gonna have trouble sleeping and then my nerves will kick in, in the morning.

Chrissy B
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Gosh, i can't believe what i was worried about, had a great morning. Luckily it didn't go on for 4 hours and we finished around 11:30 ish. Got loads to think about and some paperwork to look through and got to ring my area development officer in minute, she was on her lunch when i first rang. So, hopefully i can get the grant.

Chrissy B
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I can't get any funding, but the lady is going to look on the computer and see if she's able to give any financial help to me, either way she still wants to help in some form.

sarah707
09-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh that's tough without funding.

I suppose a lot of areas are cutting back.

I hope there's something out there for you! Glad it went well :D

Chrissy B
09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah it's going to be major hard to get through it.
Plus my housing have said 'as per my tenancy i can't run a business from it' grr i'm so mad with them. But i have my name down to move out the area to leigh and i've spoken to them who may let me do it, once i've moved there and spoken to an area manager or someone. So i don't really know what to do, continue as i was and hope i move very soon or wait.