PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I'm actually in tears!!

snowbunny
08-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I live in a flat (as I've explained before) and I've just had a reply from the property management company and they've no i can't have a business in the flat because i can have 5 kids which could potentially be very distruptive to neighbours. He also said the stairs would be very hazadous etc.

I know for a fact that i won't be able to have 5 kids and i have NO intention of having more than 3! It is NO different from having children of my own or other people having their own children in their flat. I can hear downstairs kids sometimes but it doesn't bother me and it's disruptive! I'm so upset and I've done SOOOOOO much towards my policies etc.

My partner and I are planning to write to everyone in our block (5 other people) to see if they mind and we're going to get feedback from them and make a case so that they may change their mind. Can the council back me on this or do i really have to listen to just a property management jerk telling me all these things? :angry:

Minstrel
08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I am so sorry that you have had this news. I think you are doing the right thing and writing to your neighbours though and finding out their opinions on it first. I'm not sure whether the council will get involved if it is a private block but i do hope you get it sorted very quickly in your favour. xxxx

sue m
08-01-2009, 10:59 AM
So sorry you've had this shattering news. You could have kids of your own and I'm sure you wouldn't let them be screaming the place down when they were there. Get all the advice you can from anyone you can think of, good idea to ask your neighbours if they'd object (so long as none of them do!) and speak to whoever you can, I'm not sure, MCMA, CAB maybe?

Don't panic and get upset yet, there has to be other minders in flats and maybe they can advise you.

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Oh no! How heartbreaking, i really hope you're able to get the decision chnaged for the better. Good luck.

nannysue
08-01-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your news, as the others have said think positive and get all the advice you can, as well as speaking to your neighbours. Try not to get upset (easier said than done i know!) i hope it all gets sorted, sending you lots of love xxx

snowbunny
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Apparently our lease says no businesses are allowed, but i think it is entirely down to the management companies descrection because i know a lot of people who childmind from flats.

If our lease says no though i think i have to kind of accept it. We're going to find out how many kids i can look after and we're going to check with our neighbours. I think his biggest issue is he's afraid of the noise - it's silly because it's just like me staying at home with 3 kids of my own! and most people are out at work then anyway!!! :angry:

Oh, I'm sooooo gutted :(

angeldelight
08-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I think a lot of these people just think " omg children no way " and that is final to them

I think you are doing the right thing - there is going to be no real disruption to anyone apart from yourself because your the person who will be looking after the children

You need to explain just what childminding is fight your corner

Good luck hope it works out keep us posted

Angel xx

Lick'le Oakes
08-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh my God big hugs and kisses to you. You must be gutted but keep fighting, perhaps show your neighbours your policies and golden rules etc so they know you are going to be professional and not just let the children run riot. Really hope you get this sorted:

RedDragon
08-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh gosh, now that is disappointing. Would do what the others said, show what you propose to do (how many children, opening times etc), explain that you will do everything you can not to alter the everyday living of the other residents, get the residents on your side by showing them your welcome pack/proposals.

Even if you persuade them to give you a trial period - this will show them that you can work from home without disrupting others.

Good luck.

rickysmiths
08-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Please dont panic ive just replied to you in another thread in detail I have experience of this. pm me and I dont mind having a phone chat with you if i can help

srry this is for poor Snowbunny

Mollymop
08-01-2009, 01:18 PM
O hun, I am sorry to hear this. I agree with the advice you have been given by others and it sounds as if you are going to fight this, so good luck hun. I hope they listen and let you mind from your flat. xx

pinklady
08-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I hope it all works out for you.

(((hugs)))

Esther xx

sskent08
08-01-2009, 04:10 PM
hello

i would contact the planning office, you have to anyway

they advised me that as long as their were no more than 6 kids and stuck ofsted guideance - they didn't have a prob:
" Child minding does not constitute a material change of use when looking
after up to 6 children, including any of your own. If you were looking
after more than this number, you would require formal planning consent
for a material change of use. "

I would get backing from planning,then advise the above

hope it helps

x

Buzz Lightyear
08-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Urgh, how horrible for you. I hope you manage to sort something out. It would be such a shame if you had to stop everything. Got my fingers crossed for you hun x

sskent08
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
i was worried as we are in shared ownership that we wouldn't be able to as the contract does state about business use

but I got the backing of the palnning department first,then contacted shared ownership and their solicitos where fine

Pipsqueak
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Thats a shame but do fight this. Get you CDO or EY team on side and/or NCMA.

A newly reg'd friend has had the planning department down on her like a ton of bricks - and they have tried to put the mockers on her minding - our EY team (the whole lot of them) have gone head to head with them:D

LisaMarie
11-01-2009, 02:26 AM
i privately rent too, and my tenancy argreement also says no business. i phoned my landlord and he said as long as i keep all the insurances and policies up to date i will be fine, as long as i don't break the law, and i get contents insurance

hugs, i hope you get something sorted soon.

miffy
11-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Just seen your other thread

Glad things are looking a lot more hopeful :)

Miffy xx