PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about first meeting

Bex1
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Evening everyone

I have a mum visiting next week to talk about me minding her 1 year old one full day a week.

This is my first contact and I am panicking as not sure what happens! Do I give her a parent pack, show her around house, discuss contracts etc?

Any advice would be appreciated?

sarah707
07-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Yes, yes and yes...

Also be ready - some arrive with lists of questions.

Good luck and relax :D

Chrissy B
07-01-2009, 08:42 PM
What else should be in a parent pack

policies but what else?
Sorry worded badly but having brain freeze or something lol

Bex1
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I have not put my policies in my parent pack. In my parent pack I have a bit about the benefits of a childminder, a bit about me and my setting, fees and hours, meals, routine, my qualifications and training.

Annie_T
07-01-2009, 09:38 PM
talk to her about the child and what they like etc (so you can get anything needed if needed)

good luck

rickysmiths
08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Just a quicky before bed.
my parent pack is an example of what I give every new contracted parent to keep here goes:
1. A brochure which gives brief discription of my cm business.
2.a copy of the contract
3.acopy of the child record form
4. a copy of the next of kin form
5.a copy of all my policies
6. a copy of my complaints proceedure
7.details of my emergency prceedures incl linked emergency carers& their photos
8.an example of the register filled in
9. a sample recipt
10. a copy of my current public liability insurance
11. a copy of my current OFSTED reg certificate
12. a copy of my current OFSTED report
Other info I have a seperate Training folder with certs and a training log that goes back to O'Levels and A'Levels up to current qualifications and a training plan which details what I am doing in the next few months.

I have a Portfolio which has the info about my setting, details about crbs, car insurance, serviceplan for heating, a resources list for inside and out not too extensive just enough to give a picture of the range of stuff you have.
a one page about infectious/notifiable desieases, poisonous plants so they can see your awareness.
a page on the kind of outtings you go on.
a daily routine and an example of menus
Any references,letters complimentary cards etc if you have any yet

a photo album if you have none with children yet how about a few of your setting, garden and some of the local park etc where you may go with mindees .

I have gone on tooo long hope this will help.

Some arrive with questions but they are usually not anything mad. if you get my drift!

Interact with the child while the parents look at your stuff dont offer a hot drink cause you dont know how the child or the parents will behave!Do show them round though I must say I dont show bedrooms all mine are registered
to use I just say they are my families private space not many do ask anyway.

but be youself, remember they are possibly going to be coming to your home so you are choosing them as much as they are choosing you and you do .have the right to say no as much as they do.

Good Luck.