PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it!!!

mum2two
07-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I look after a 1yr old - have done since 6mths. He has a mama's & papa's pram/pushchair - you know the really comfy ones!.

Well, lunchtime, we put it outside, as we needed room in the kitchen to put the highchair up for lunch. To be honest, it normally stays outside all day, as it's just so big - it has the raincover over to keep it dry.

Well, got baby ready for school run at 3, opened the door, and then said to hubby 'Oh where did you put the buggy?'. Thinking we'd left it inside as it wasn't there!, but no - it's been nicked!!! :angry: :eek: :angry:

OMG! Did school run with my buggy. Came back then spent the next hour reporting it to the police - who can do nothing, but I needed a crime ref number. Then called NCMA, and Parents can claim on my public liability insurance. They're sending me a claim pack.

Soooooo angry!! :angry: :angry: I can't believe people can be so low. How often do you go to friends houses and just lift the baby out the buggy, & leave it outside. It's not uncommon for a buggy to be outside.

Someones come right up my driveway, to my front door, behind my 2 cars and stolen it! A Baby's pram!!!

I'm really hoping the insurance company don't reject the claim because it was left outside. It was still on my property, in my driveway. I've a good mind to say I was sorting the kids out from a walk, and shut the door as freezing, to sort coats & shoes out, and it had gone when I went to get it...

I just don't want the parents not to get anything, & I can't afford to replace it - but I will if no insurance pay out of course...

Lowlife :censored: !

What a fantastic first week back!

cher25
07-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about that. There really are some strange people out there that will steal anything that isn't stuck to the ground. It's unbelievable.
I hope the insurance company do pay out for the pram.

Spangles
07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
That's disgusting, I'm so sorry that this has happened.

Some people are just despicable.

angeldelight
07-01-2009, 06:29 PM
That is terrible

I just cant understand the cheek of some people

Hope you get it sorted and hope the parents were understanding

Angel xx

sarah707
07-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh that's not fair :(

Alibali
07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
How awful, prams have always been left outside since the day dot and yoy certainly don't expect this to happen. Another thing for us all to worry about too. hope you get it sorted OK. SOME PEOPLE:angry: :angry:

cherry
07-01-2009, 06:58 PM
What a horrible thing to happen to you, you could keep an eye out and see if you see anyone pushing your pushchair around.

miss mopple
07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Unbelievable :angry:

Really hope that the insurance pays out and the parents were'nt too upset.

I leave my phil and teds in my front garden all the time- will think twice now!

kindredspirits
07-01-2009, 08:10 PM
its worth writing your name or postcode in ultra violet - then if you see anyone with that buggy you can check if its yours or not. :censored: thats why i keep putting my jane in the garage as soon as i'm finished - if someone wants to steal my cheapo they're welcome to it .

berkschick
07-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Thats awful. I can imagine how you must of felt. How were the parents when you told them?

My buggies are outside all day and quite often my neighbour will knock at 9pm on his way to a nightshift to remind me that it is still out!

Nettynoo
07-01-2009, 08:44 PM
How terrible!!! Some people just have no heart do they?? I had to ask parents to leave buggies and bikes outside after one of them brought dog mess inside!!!

Asked them to provide their own locks as well because if I had provided them and the buggy/bike had still been stolen then they could have said lock I provided wasn't strong enough!!!!

Shouldn't have to think like this but after 10 years in London, you think everyone is on the wrong side and let them prove they are not rather than get caught out!!!!! Sounds harsh but safer!!!

Good luck with insurance!!

katickles
07-01-2009, 09:14 PM
:eek: OMG!!!! I can not believe that - when reading thought you were going to say a cat pee'd or something not that it had been nicked!!!

I would go along the lines that your thinking for the insurance - thats such a shame!

How were the parents? Hope they arn't blaiming you x x x

mum2two
08-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Still really peed off about it. Mum was fine - well as much as she could be. She was annoyed that someone would do that, but knows it's not my fault!
Doesn't stop me from felling really guilty though. Someones offered her theirs, but I have the same one in my loft - just a different colour I'll see if she wants to borrow for a couple of months til he's outgrown it.

She said whatever excess I have to pay, which is £50 through my public liability insurance, she'll give back to me when she gets the money through, as she doesn't want me to be out of pocket - which is lovely. I won't accept it though, as that's what my insurance is for.

Everyone's gobsmacked that someone would steal a buggy. Everyone says the same, that they leave theirs outside, or if they're at a friends house, just lift baby out. People will be thinking twice now. I'll be wheeling it through the house, and putting it in the back garden from now on!

xx

DudleyChildmind
08-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I can't believe someone would do such a thing :(

I hope the insurance come through for you.

Bananabrain
08-01-2009, 11:37 AM
In the olden days:) My mum not only used to leave pram outside,but baby in it!!!!! Imagine that these days.Even outside shops while she chatted and shopped! People are very selfish these days,I think it will be the the downfall of our society eventually.Really hope you get it sorted and that they pay up.Remember we are heading into the mother of all recessions and people get desperate.There has been spate of burgalaries round here .Be careful guys.

yummymummy
08-01-2009, 12:10 PM
How awful for you, hope it all works out ok with the insurance claim. When my oldest daughter was a baby there was a spate of prams being stolen from the lobby of the baby clinic, they wouldn't let you bring them in so no choice but to leave them there. In the end they provided a rail and you had to bring your own cycle lock!
There are some sick, mean people out there. :mad:

haribo
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
thats really low,who would steal a buggy ?? i leave mine outside all the time-i have been known to open the door to a parent in the morning to see my buggy looking at me-i just acted like id been organised and put it out ready for the day :blush: :blush: i havent done it since the time it got rained on all night and was unusable the day after :angry: i was so mad at myself lol

manjay
08-01-2009, 01:59 PM
i leave mine outside all the time-i have been known to open the door to a parent in the morning to see my buggy looking at me-i just acted like id been organised and put it out ready for the day

I do this all the time!!! I also pretend I am ultra organised and have got it out before they arrive:laughing: Luckily we have an overhan that the buggy is under so it doesn't get wet but It was a bit frozen the other day!

I hope this gets sorted for you quickly

Mollymop
08-01-2009, 02:09 PM
OMG! How can anyone do such a thing!!

mandy moo
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Sorry to say I no longer trust anyone after having my bag stolen once,
I am lucky enough to have a side entrance to the back garden with high gate and 6 ft fence down the side and I stick the buggy down there. It cant be seen from the road.
Hope your claim goes well

Lottie
08-01-2009, 05:17 PM
That's really low. I don't really understand why someone would feel the need to do that. I hope the claim goes smoothly.

snowbunny
08-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this! it's awful :mad:

Andrea08
08-01-2009, 05:30 PM
OMG :angry: my pram is always outside i even forgott and left it there over night ,,its a side by side and way to big to fit through front door unless folded up and then its heavy,

time to get a bike lock im thinking..

good luck with the insurance claim xxx

marion123
08-01-2009, 07:21 PM
i always leave the prams outside thats terrible hope you get everything sorted out

Peppa
08-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Hope you get it all sorted!
Some people.... Honestly!

loocyloo
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
i once drove to school one friday, got the buggy out ... used it, back to the car, loaded the children in and drove off ...

...sunday night i was sorting out the car with car seats etc, and went to put buggy in ... not in garage ... asked dh where he had put it ( as he had emptied the car on the friday ) ... he said he hadn't seen it ... i told him to stop messing around ... eventually i believed him and drove to school ... there, parked in the porch of the house that i parked near was my buggy !!!

i knocked on the door and the man said he had seen me drive off, and expected me back at some point! apparently it happens often! i felt so silly, and so relieved that it was there, as i didn't want to have to buy a new one!

i still leave my buggies outside all the time at home! the times i go to go out in the evening and find them sitting there! most of my parents remind me too!

hope you get it sorted.
xxx

gemhei
09-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Thats awful i often leave my double on the drive while i get my two inside and coats off etc etc. I know if it was house insurance they wouldnt cover it because it wasnt locked away (i used to work for an home insurance company deciding if claims were covered and how much wed pay them) but im unsure about your childminding insurance, i hope they do. Good luck hun x